Ulix

Soontir67

It can be done with a red Ace, King or Queen... You couldn't be sure to get one turn 1, and getting two early might be too luck based.

Best bet is to proxy a squealer, and grow into one of those, and then a boar. You'll only need an 8 or higher then.

Or, you can include Big Brain Brin (ook) and stack the deck in your favour.

Not sure when they will be out, but the card art is in the app (and looks terrible :( - i was expecting something between a piglet and a boar, not a steampunk'd pig)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

It can be done with a red Ace, King or Queen... You couldn't be sure to get one turn 1, and getting two early might be too luck based.

Best bet is to proxy a squealer, and grow into one of those, and then a boar. You'll only need an 8 or higher then.

Or, you can include Big Brain Brin (ook) and stack the deck in your favour.

Not sure when they will be out, but the card art is in the app (and looks terrible :( - i was expecting something between a piglet and a boar, not a steampunk'd pig)

I'm very dissapointed with the concept too... I can just hope for a horse/unicorn version in the future.

Otherwise, I can rebase my unicorns and use them as squealers, but it's not my ideal solution.

And answering the question: If you manage to have the cards in turn 1, do it, but don't rely on that, since there's only 9 cards of 54 that could work. 

Ulix is very card-hungry and at least one Bokor is a must-have option. Brin or Zoraida can make your chances even better.  I build my Ulix lists to provide heavy card draw and usualy have no problems with growing one piglet into a War Pig and one into a Boar turn 1 (and summon 2-3 extra piglets to grow turn 2).

5 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

but the card art is in the app (and looks terrible :( - i was expecting something between a piglet and a boar, not a steampunk'd pig)

Their concept is closely connected to Ulix's story from the Bayou book: they are not just "steampunked" - they carry Aethervoxes to make their squealing deadly loud!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Scoffer said:

Ulix is very card-hungry and at least one Bokor is a must-have option. Brin or Zoraida can make your chances even better.  I build my Ulix lists to provide heavy card draw and usualy have no problems with growing one piglet into a War Pig and one into a Boar turn 1 (and summon 2-3 extra piglets to grow turn 2).

Why a Bokor? Haven't even considered a Bokor in a Ulix list.

To answer the question. A Hog Whisperer could get you a high card back, so growing 2 piglets into wild boars is totally doable, but i wouldn't depend on it.

2 minutes ago, soda_popinski said:

Why a Bokor? Haven't even considered a Bokor in a Ulix list.

Ulix needs 8+ and 12+ in hand - Bokor draws 6 cards (and discards 3) in a single activation, chances to get high cards are very good. Also it's very easy to stuff Bokor with Glowy in Ulix crew: he can get up to three tokens from a single Piglet's action (and the Piglet will move about 4,5" after that).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoffer said:

Ulix needs 8+ and 12+ in hand - Bokor draws 6 cards (and discards 3) in a single activation, chances to get high cards are very good. Also it's very easy to stuff Bokor with Glowy in Ulix crew: he can get up to three tokens from a single Piglet's action (and the Piglet will move about 4,5" after that).

Cool. I've never thought of them as card draw models. I've always used them for the pulse heal in a Wong crew or for the obey.