Data not syncing between devices

OneLittleThunder

At least as of iOS build 1.0.9 (and possibly earlier), changes to data one one device (game setups, crews. etc.) are not being reflected on other devices using the same account. I've done a force-close and restart, sign out and sign back in, etc. on multiple devices with no joy.  Previously this seemed to happen pretty quickly, but I'm not seeing changes reflected even several hours after making them.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, OneLittleThunder said:

No, I wasn't.

Interestingly, if I make changes to a crew in the new PC/browser version, it creates a new copy of the crew with the same name...and THAT copy propagates to other devices. But deletes don't. It's generally very odd.

I'm having this problem too. I have like 4-5 copies of some crews and they just re-appear if I delete them

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, OneLittleThunder said:

@dzlier, I'm sure you have plenty going on with the GG1 release, but just FYI, deleted crews are still reappearing for me across multiple devices. I'm thinking of creating a new account to see if the issue persists. 

I don't think that will help. The issue is that when two devices are syncing to cloud data, and one device gets data that says a crew doesn't exist, it's difficult to know whether the crew was deleted on the other end and should be deleted locally  as well, or if the crew was just created locally and should be added. For obvious reasons I default to the latter when it's unclear, which is how deleted crews can sometimes return. Sometimes this is resolved using the timestamp of the local data versus the cloud-synced data, but this can be difficult when there are other local changes that also need to be synced over the stored data.

I tried deleting the app from my phone and reinstalling it - it kept my login info, but cleared out all the crews (duplicates and otherwise), so that's a solution. 

Unfortunately, when I rebuilt a few core crews on the phone, those are no longer synching to my other devices. 🙄 

I suspect my app may just be cursed...

16 hours ago, OneLittleThunder said:

I tried deleting the app from my phone and reinstalling it - it kept my login info, but cleared out all the crews (duplicates and otherwise), so that's a solution. 

Unfortunately, when I rebuilt a few core crews on the phone, those are no longer synching to my other devices. 🙄 

I suspect my app may just be cursed...

Can I have your display name so I can look at the cloud data?

if this helps anyone else, I've found this work around for crews not deleting. Log out of the app on all devices but 1. Delete the crews on all devices. On the 1 you stayed logged in, log out and back in. If they show up again, log out, delete, and log back in. Then log in on any other devices.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Related to this, it seems the syncing doesn't go by time stamps, but by lists. For example, I deleted 5 lists off of my ipad. But when I login to my iphone, it ADDS the list back to the ipad, rather than deleting them from the iphone. Should this be the opposite? I know War Room app from Warmachine does it this way. 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:23 AM, regleant said:

Related to this, it seems the syncing doesn't go by time stamps, but by lists. For example, I deleted 5 lists off of my ipad. But when I login to my iphone, it ADDS the list back to the ipad, rather than deleting them from the iphone. Should this be the opposite? I know War Room app from Warmachine does it this way. 

There are a couple tricky considerations there that are difficult to explain, but yes when I have time I am working on resolving that issue as best I can.