12/7 - Dragon's Lair Houston Monthly Malifaux Tournament and Extra Life Charity Event!

Guslado

Dragon's Lair Houston Monthly Malifaux Tournament and Extra Life Charity Event!

Date: Saturday, December 7, 2019
Start time: 11:00am
Address: 21151 State Highway 249, Houston, Texas 77070
Dragon's Lair Website

It's that time once again for the Monthly Malifaux Tournament at Dragon's Lair Houston! We've been having a really great turn out for each event and have officially made the Lonestar Conference the most active conference in the US Faux Tour! Let's keep the good times rolling and have another great turn out in December!

This tournament will be taking place at the same time as Dragon's Lair 24-Hours of Gaming Extra Life charity event. Our tournament will be running as normal and I have secured us the required amount of space for the tournament; this will be a great opportunity to show off Malifaux to a crowd that might not have seen it before, so I will be adding on an extra prize for best painted crew this time around! As per usual I am not requiring painting for this tournament, but am encouraging everyone to bring their best painted crew to enter for best painted. As part of the Dragon's Lair 24-Hours of Gaming Extra Life charity event, we will have opportunities for you all to raise money for a great cause (don't worry, I don't expect you to play Malifaux for 24 hours straight). I will post more details as I get them from Dragon's Lair.

This event will be a three round, 50 Soulstone, fixed faction tournament utilizing the Malifaux 3rd Edition rules. Registration will begin at 11:00 AM. Round 1 will begin as close to 12:00 PM as possible.

All models must be assembled but the painting requirement is waived for this tournament. As there are several new models in M3E that do not currently have models available, proxies for these models will be acceptable so long as they are on the correct base size and you inform your opponent in advance what the proxy model is representing.

Dead Man's Hand will be allowed in this tournament, but Dead Man's hand masters are limited to hiring models by keyword.

This tournament will be making use of the new Gaining Grounds Season Zero document which may be found at:
https://www.wyrd-games.net/s/GG_Season_0.pdf

There is no painting requirement for this tournament, but there will be a prize awarded for best painted crew, so bring you very best painted models to show off how awesome Malifaux can look!
Entry fee is $10 and goes entirely to prize support. As we will be there for the Extra Life charity event, Dragon's Lair has told me that anyone participating can also donate extra to a great charity if you so choose.

Houston is part of the Lonestar Conference for the USFaux Tour, so come on out and get your points to try to claim your spot in the first USFaux Tour Masters Tournament!