Thoughts on Ophelia

Kiryn

I notice that there has not been much chat on Ophelia. 

I've not played her yet, but she seems decent, particularly as range is strong in m3e. Or it certainly seems to be when you're on the other end of it. 

Am I missing something or she just not liked? 

What sort of crews are people building when they do play her? 

Since some of my models are in the painting process, my two crews with more painted models are Kin and WizzBang.

Ophelia is great in everything but Idols, due to the lack of healing. It's difficult for me to fit every Kin model I want so I usually alternate between 2 lists:

• FEF (Full Enforcer Force): The top of the notch of the Kin family. Ophelia, François, Raphael, Rami, Merris and even Pere if I'm facing bubble crews. I usually bring 1 healer if I manage to get the points for them (Bokor, but it also can be a Lightning Bug or Ross Jebsen if Gracie is coming). Gracie is a good choice to add some extra mobility and Gluttony if I'm facing heavy marker crews.
  • CAB (Cousins Are Back): Ophelia, François, Raphael, Sammy and 2-3 LaCroix Riders and a healer (Bokor or Ross Jebsen). Lot's of card draw thanks to Sammy and the LaCroix Riders, as long as you manage to keep them alive.

I've found that the effigy could be decent small addition if you plan to play in a small bubble.

• Like 2

Big fan of her. I find her crew is pretty balanced for any schemes / strats.

Usually run 

Ophelia (Bayou)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Ophelia LaCroix
    Inferiority Complex
Totem(s):
  Young LaCroix
  Young LaCroix 2
  Young LaCroix 3
Hires:
  Sammy LaCroix
  Francois LaCroix
  Merris LaCroix
  Rami LaCroix
  Raphael LaCroix
  Gautraeux Bokor

One going well follow Sammy around shooting her for fast, glowy and a card

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first game with Ophelia last night. 

Reckoning in to Parker barrows. 

Pool was search, harness, take prisoner, deliver and dig. 

I took, Ophelia, franc with coffee for scheme removal (was a mistake I think) Sammy, raphael, rami, bokor and a lightning bug for more healing and scheme manipulation. 

I definitely didn't use Ophelia's upgrades well enough and hard some terrible cards late on but she still did some solid damage. Managed to take out rusty and mad dog pretty quick but it did probably cost me a reckoning point as it was too quick. 

Overall I like the crew, think that flinch and bigger they are give some good resilience. They are a little slow, might be tempted by the pigapult, possibly with pere ravage in to some games. 

Would like to try merris next time too. 

Only thing is that there are no obvious schemers in keyword, or am I missing something? 

• Like 1

I played Ophelia all three rounds of a tourney a month or so ago.

It was her standard crew plus the First Mate and a Bokor. I think Raphael is a good schemer with Agile, and he can take out most squishy enemy schemers without much difficulty. Using the kids first turn to get three of your models an extra 5 or 6 inches a great use of them.

She's definitely a flexible master and crew, and can go into pretty much anything (like others have said). They do have some significant weaknesses though. If your opponent is also playing Gremlins, they basically lose both Flinch and Bigger they are. Any crew with a lot of lower/average attacks and smaller models really reduces their staying power.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm playing Ophelia in a leage and by now I've won 3 of 3 matches.

My usaurl list are:

Ophelia

Young Lacroix x 3

Fraçois

Merry

Sammy

Lucky Emmisary

Rapahale/Rami/Pere (Depends of the match)

Usually first activations are give Ophelia all his Weapons. Ophelya goes center in order to kill a terrorize my enemies. The rest of the gang flank, kills and do objectivies.

The main Scheume Runner is Merry due his movility.

The lucky emissary is my Bait, charge against troubleosme enemys with his lucy aura and usuarly live for 2 o 3 turns, enogh for Opelia and the rest to take advantge.

In general the key is the usage of Ophelia Weapons smartly (Clean Up Duty is amazing properly used) and the ability of Sammy to Injure key objectives. When your Young LaCroix have more attack that your enemy DF this lite bastards are make an amazing job.

When the Estrategy is Idols my tactic is remove the Health of opponents, without health they cannot move the Idols is a problem.

Regards,

Regards,

• Like 1

Ophelia can dump out a ton of attacks, and is actually pretty quick thanks to the Young LaCroix. Her damage is surprising thanks to extra attack triggers and discarding upgrades for 1 damage, making her a good take into anyone with high armor.  VS Terrifying crews she loves to have Complex on her and probably Rami. Rapheal is an awesome schemer and good vendetta target as he hits well above his point cost and stays alive decently well. He isn't a bad target for Complex too, with agile, if he gets caught up in melee he can just walk out, get focus and shoot back at whatever tied him up. 

Franc isn't the monster he used to be but he can still bust out some respectable damage. I always find myself wishing he had someway to get fast as I want to use his Gremlin Menace AND attack twice. 

Pere hasn't done much for me so far but I also haven't given him a fair shake yet. Merris is probably the best scheme runner in the faction at this point as she can easily drop 2 markers a  turn if you have a 5tomes+ in your hand. Sammy can use the WIld SHot triggers on a lot of the crew to help draw you cards and has some great anti scheme tech along with reliable injured on her attack. 

Raiders aren't out yet but for 5 stones they do pretty well. Pair them up with the mandatory 12 cups and they are doing schemes and your opponent has a hard time catching up.

As mentioned before, a bokor slop hauler or spit hog are good choices for healing in the crew or just go balls out and kill before you get killed.

Gracie is a nice tank to shove into people's faces and drag Kin along and the Emissary with his Fate upgrade allows you a bit more hand control in early rounds. 

1 hour ago, Mrbedlam said:

Franc isn't the monster he used to be but he can still bust out some respectable damage. I always find myself wishing he had someway to get fast as I want to use his Gremlin Menace AND attack twice. 

Well, actually you can attack twice thanks to flurry :P Stat 5 tho, so better have the card in hand.

Pere is good vs bubble crews. Merris is an awesome scheme runner, but the lightning bug, silurid and flying piglet are really good too (within the faction, not Kin specific) :P

59 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

It seems like a lot of players underestimate Francois, because they compare him with the M2E version. In fact he is still a monster - stat 7 meleee attack with 3/4/5 damage or 4/5/6 with a ram/stone is a master level, stat 6 12" shooting attack with 2/4/5 damage with a trigger to shoot again or 3/5/6 with a ram is better than many  shooty henchmen. Also keep in mind, that he has flurry, so you can use Gremlin Menace and hit twice in melee or shoot twice with a mask - it makes him pretty good against models with Serene Countenance/Manipulative (a single stone/focused to hit with Gremlin Menace lets you hit twice ignoring a [-]). Ophelia's Strike team gives him another melee attack or up to two shots. And the best thing about the new Francois is that he can deal a great lot of damage and then stay alive with all that shielded and positive flips from Showdown.

22 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Well, actually you can attack twice thanks to flurry :P Stat 5 tho, so better have the card in hand.

Pere is good vs bubble crews. Merris is an awesome scheme runner, but the lightning bug, silurid and flying piglet are really good too (within the faction, not Kin specific) :P

He's generally stat 6 as most of the things he's going after are bigger than him

On 11/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, Kiryn said:

Only thing is that there are no obvious schemers in keyword, or am I missing something? 

Merris is a great schemer. 

Raph can also do a turn with agile (though he's often better used hunting opposing scheme runners). 

La croix are also decent schemers. Their bonus action can push them out of engagement if needed. 

3 hours ago, Rufess said:

Given that now 50% of the field is covered by terrain, Pere is more important for Ophelia just because he can remove cover.

Cover is not such a big problem for Ophelia to pay extra 7ss. With stat 7 she has pretty good chances to hit models in cover even if they increase their DF to 7. She also has a nice attack resisted by MV. 

Her biggest enemy is concealment and Pere can not help.