Second List to Compliment Seamus

farmoar

Through a slight budgetary/space limitation, I will only be getting 2 Masters and the supporting pieces to run them. I already have my heart set on Seamus, and are leaning towards the out-of-keyword approach featured in other posts on here (Emissary, Archie, Gravedigger, etc). This list idea seems like it would be good at Plant, Turf or even Idols.

I am now stuck between either Molly (Brine and Bones box specifically) or Yan Lo, both of which would be fairly keyword heavy.

Any tips or suggestions, to fill out my second "list" dilemma? Thanks!

2 hours ago, farmoar said:

... I will only be getting 2 Masters and the supporting pieces to run them ...

You’re naivité is cute. Don’t worry, you’ll end up with a ton of Masters, regardless of your current budget. 

With that in mind, go for the models, that makes you want to paint the most, as nice models makes for the best of games. 

Secondly, if budget is an issue for you. Start with ONE master, play a ton of games vs a variety of Masters and opponents and learn the game. Then make your decision to buy from a more informed position, on what playstyle, that brings YOU the most fun. 

In my own experience. I got 4 Guild crews and 3 Ressurs before I found out, that I’m more of a Neverborn player. And you won’t get that feel, until you get some games under your belt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

You’re naivité is cute. Don’t worry, you’ll end up with a ton of Masters, regardless of your current budget. 

With that in mind, go for the models, that makes you want to paint the most, as nice models makes for the best of games. 

Secondly, if budget is an issue for you. Start with ONE master, play a ton of games vs a variety of Masters and opponents and learn the game. Then make your decision to buy from a more informed position, on what playstyle, that brings YOU the most fun. 

In my own experience. I got 4 Guild crews and 3 Ressurs before I found out, that I’m more of a Neverborn player. And you won’t get that feel, until you get some games under your belt. 

This is just for Ressurs. I already have my other 4 Masters chosen (Misaki and Lynch for TT, Crazy Cat Lady and Viks+3 more Masters for Outcasts).

Ultimately, it is a challenge I imposed on myself to fit 6 "crews" into the 1 bag I have available. Can only buy what will fit in the bag lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, farmoar said:

This is just for Ressurs. I already have my other 4 Masters chosen (Misaki and Lynch for TT, Crazy Cat Lady and Viks+3 more Masters for Outcasts).

Ultimately, it is a challenge I imposed on myself to fit 6 "crews" into the 1 bag I have available. Can only buy what will fit in the bag lol

If you only want 6 Masters/Keywords and have space and monetary concerns, I recomend you to choose 1 faction and pick the 6 masters from that one. That will give you a very solid pool to play quite competitively in your faction. Malifaux is balanced faction vs faction not master vs master.

If you are going to play casualy or just want to paint them, then picking aesthetically from different factions would be ok.

1 hour ago, farmoar said:

If that’s the case, and you’re dead-set on Seamus, I’d go for Yan Lo, as he you can get twice the mileage as a 10T Master. 

Ehhhh, Molly is one of the masters I don’t actually get much mileage out of the Emissary for. I mean he isn’t bad or anything for her, but she can hire other models that just have more value with her. 

I’m not saying don’t go Molly, just that I don’t see using the Emissary pretty regularly on Seamus as being a positive for going Molly.

20 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Ehhhh, Molly is one of the masters I don’t actually get much mileage out of the Emissary for. I mean he isn’t bad or anything for her, but she can hire other models that just have more value with her. 

I’m not saying don’t go Molly, just that I don’t see using the Emissary pretty regularly on Seamus as being a positive for going Molly.

I don't use him with her often either...but for someone with a limited model pool he can stand in for another beater in an elite build. I might bring him in against some Arcanists just for Terror saturation. 

• 1 month later...