Shifting Loyalties with 3rd ed?

Reynastus

Theoretically most of the rules for the Shifting Loyalties campaign would still work in M3E.  But there are going to be some major holes and structural defects.  If you tore out everything that you would have to rewrite, you'd only be left with three or four pages of text describing a system for growing a hiring pool, and building crews out of that pool.  😕 

For instance...

• You'll need to translate all of the actions from the M2E format to the M3E format, with most of the (0) actions converting to :ToS-Fast:Actions.  And any (2) action you see you'll basically need to familiar with how the models that had that action were redesigned in the M2E to M3E transition.  (For instance, Flurry, Rapid Fire and Furious Casting became abilities rather than actions.)
  • You'll need to throw out the second and third paragraphs of the section on page 31 dealing with Summoned Models, because M3E replaced the M2E sacrifice&summon mechanic with the Replace rules.  And then you'll need to take some time working out how your group wants to deal with injuries, and whether the Replace process should (temporarily) discard Injury upgrades.
  • The Avatar mechanic, and all of those upgrades, basically stopped being fair when unsupported masters were released the next book, and there's any number of problems if you tried to use upgrades in M3E.

And that's really just off the top of my head.  It'd be several hours of work for someone to go through and produce an update draft, followed by checking and testing.  For instance, some of the bounties reference getting 3VP from a scheme, that's no longer possible.  Lots of rules reference "kill or sacrifice" (sacrificing no longer exists) or reference "peon" (no longer exists as a station, Insignificant fills some of the same design role), etc.

If Wyrd's kicking around a redesigned campaign system, I don't think they've said anything to hint of it.

[Modhat] it's not rules do I've moved it to discussion[\modhat]

I've not heard anything about a new campaign, and my expectations are next gen con is the explorer book, so that means 2021. 

You could probably use the campaign rules, but you either use the M2 abilities as written, or convert them to the M3 version. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...