2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - November

Caedrus

On 12/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, lusciousmccabe said:

I tried to use sponge stippling to add a kind of sandstone texture, but I'm not sure it really came out.

I was considering using that same tecnique to try texturing the wooded floors that look quite flat, so far, in my scenics. Indeed my priority for December is to complet the painting of the major stone-scenics leaving behind the wooden palisades and other obstacles. BTW, I bought a box of Warcry Defiled Ruins too, so I could be busy over this kind of stuffs for al ot of months to come.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

I was considering using that same tecnique to try texturing the wooded floors that look quite flat, so far, in my scenics. Indeed my priority for December is to complet the painting of the major stone-scenics leaving behind the wooden palisades and other obstacles. BTW, I bought a box of Warcry Defiled Ruins too, so I could be busy over this kind of stuffs for al ot of months to come.

It'll definitely work for wood grain. I got this finish just by washing the recesses and dragging a few colours along with the rough side of a sponge. The sludge in the corners will be matte coated later.

CqYXSRKl.jpg

That's a flat MDF piece with no detail at all other than the lines between the boards.

• Like 4

Well, I've painted all this in november fast enough so that I could bring them to UK Nationals, but I'm very late to post for November, so maybe we should just count this as a mulligan and move it to december...

5 Ss Proxy of Gokudo (with a basket on the head)
8 Ss Proxy of Kabuki Warrior (in pink, with a two handed sword)
6 Ss Proxy of an exorcist for a friend
6 Ss Huckster
4 Ss Tengu
5 Ss Two little crates, bags and barels counting for 5Ss both

So that was a total of 34 Soulstone.
You'll will recognize that some models were painted quite fast, not my best level, I have to admit..

IMG-20191210-164851.jpgIMG-20191210-164911.jpg
IMG-20191210-164931.jpgIMG-20191210-164950.jpg
IMG-20191210-170008.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Wintergloom said:

@Burnin' Coal Hey your back! You disappeared from the painting challenge last year. Are you coming back to the challenge for 2020? I was really enjoying watching your cult of the burning man develop :) 

Thanks for the kind words....no I don’t think I’m going to commit to the challenge* but might get back into painting TOS later this year...will keep checking in on people’s work though as I really enjoy watching the progress

*currently heavily involved in 28mm historics

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...