Gaining Grounds Zero Updates Plant Expl., C. Idols, and 2 schemes

Yore Huckleberry

32 minutes ago, DuBlanck said:

I really don't know why the Corrupted Idols spawn isn't either "as close as possible to the point" or "reflip after choosing priority if the point is obstructed".

Also, to reiterate the whinge, I really don't know why Terrain is before Objectives in game set-up.

Probably cuz of things like tournaments, where you cant reset terrain between matches. Also to prevent cheating, since the cards you use to determine Strat and Deployment are the same used to determine Attacker/Defender. So if you see that you are the Attacker and its corner deployment, if you place terrain after you can create a terrible, blocked in corner and force your opponent to take that one. Of course, if your opponent sees you doing this he can create terrible corners for you as well, which really kinda ruins the game a little bit. Similarly, if you see Claim Jump is in the pool and know you are Attacker, maybe you block off one side and put your opponent there. Or maybe you just dont want to play a crew that scores Claim Jump so you just fill the center with terrain to prevent your opponent from scoring it as well. None of these problema happen if you place terrain first

@Mycellanious So why not move Attacker/Defender right to the end of set-up?

I'm not suggesting the way it would work at a tournament is that every game starts with a bare board, and players lay the table. That would be ridiculous.

If the concern is exploits by gits, I'd think the few tables that might need TO-supervised shuffling of one or two terrain pieces to clear up Idol spawns would cause less grief than a call every turn or two when it spawns somewhere one player declares is advantageous to his opponent. If we're rules-lawyering to absurdity, then any time it doesn't drop on the 'natural' Idol spawn, I can make an argument that any opponent with a faster crew than me is advantaged by that location.

25 minutes ago, DuBlanck said:

@Mycellanious So why not move Attacker/Defender right to the end of set-up?

I'm not suggesting the way it would work at a tournament is that every game starts with a bare board, and players lay the table. That would be ridiculous.

If the concern is exploits by gits, I'd think the few tables that might need TO-supervised shuffling of one or two terrain pieces to clear up Idol spawns would cause less grief than a call every turn or two when it spawns somewhere one player declares is advantageous to his opponent. If we're rules-lawyering to absurdity, then any time it doesn't drop on the 'natural' Idol spawn, I can make an argument that any opponent with a faster crew than me is advantaged by that location.

Also dont forget thay the rules cover every instance of blocked placement, including Ice Pillars, models, Scrap Markers, Underbrush Markers, etc so its not like just changing the set up rules will fix the issue