Von Schtook and co: discussion thread.

Maniacal_cackle

Lead the way twice from 2 seperate undergrads is exactly how I do it. And 2 inch hardly stings when the undergrad moves as well. I usually ping Anna, Schtook and Valley twice. It also doesn't even matter that they're slowed because they just BYS turn 2. 

The threat I'm personally discussing is. 2x LTW = 8, Schtook 2. 10 before activation.  With fast and +1 speed she can walk + charge which makes her threat with 3 attacks 23 inches. 

7 hours ago, SoulGambit said:

I am confused 

Using Lead the Way in this way brings your total needs to a 7+, four 6+, and a 6+ of Crows out of about 13 cards if you put Whisperer on the Prof. That is reasonably likely, but you need that plus you also need cards for Valley Girl to do her work. Even without Lead the Way, that is still 4 cards at 6 or 7+, plus cards to make Valley Girl Work. 

There us definately room there to be screwed over by luck. If you are having the Prof make two models Fast plus push everything, you are also going to need some Lead the Ways to keep him from falling embarressingly behind his crew.

You realise you should be hard flipping 2/3rds of those cards on average and you just cheat those you fail. You also stone the upgrade crow if you don't have it. That's hardly luck having that all go off. 

Also I personally take sloth to fast valley not schtook. 

29 minutes ago, McCabe said:

You realise you should be hard flipping 2/3rds of those cards on average and you just cheat those you fail. You also stone the upgrade crow if you don't have it. That's hardly luck having that all go off. 

No, but you're already saving one card for Flurry, and every card you cheat here means less for the actual Attacks, making it more likely your opponent can beat you or stall your efforts to kill a model quick. It sucks trying to top deck important attacks, even with Focus. And I'm sure we've all had games with your first turn hand nothing over an 8... Bad Things and all :) 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

No, but you're already saving one card for Flurry, and every card you cheat here means less for the actual Attacks, making it more likely your opponent can beat you or stall your efforts to kill a model quick. It sucks trying to top deck important attacks, even with Focus. And I'm sure we've all had games with your first turn hand nothing over an 8... Bad Things and all :) 

the way I do it you don't need any of the cards for Lead the Way......you only need to be within the Aura or the Emissary and Assistant and need 1 x 7 and 1 x 6....plus a card for Valley Girl to Flurry.

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Can you share some 2/3/4 combinations of keywords you think cover (almost) all the bases? Bonus points if they cover bad matchups as well as strategy/scheme/deployment pools.

And I assume you'd throw in a few versatile + OOK (Dead Rider, Manos, Emissary?)

(I'd personally throw in 1x gravedigger as a must as well).

there are a ton of combinations that work. I think Albus/Seamus/Kirai can cover anything....Albus can run everything (though I prefer Kirai for Idols). KIrai can run certain boards or matches with a lot of negative terrain/Pit Traps/Pyres or just really connected terrain. She can cover everything as well in the event you have a match you don't like with Albus. Seamus can cover everything as well though I like Albus better for Plant but Seamus's crew gives some great counter play for a number of matches.

Moly/Doc/Kirai is another good combination. They can all do Plant so you can pick depending on schemes and opposing crew- Molly does Corner Plant the best though In the other deployments they are all good. Doc and Kirai can do Idols well and let you pick which based on the match and schemes. They can all three do Turf really well in any of the deployments and elite Molly and Doc can both do Reckoning too though maybe not as good as Yan or Seamus.

There are other combinations as well. Really we probably need a separate thread at some point discussing masters for matches and pools. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3