Keyword Cheat list

Iron_Wolf

I'm not sure if this has already been asked about previously, so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, but would it be possible for us to collate a list of the various keywords and what their particular tricks are? I ran into Kirai for the first time last night and because I had no idea what she did, despite a very helpful opponent explaining everything, got thoroughly smashed 6 - 2 (I did kill 67 stones worth of models as it turns out, we tallied up after). I didn't help myself by running a bad match up into her, but if we could possible knock a list like this up it would be useful so that we have an at a glance guide to what each master does and what to watch for.

5 minutes ago, Iron_Wolf said:

I'm not sure if this has already been asked about previously, so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, but would it be possible for us to collate a list of the various keywords and what their particular tricks are? I ran into Kirai for the first time last night and because I had no idea what she did, despite a very helpful opponent explaining everything, got thoroughly smashed 6 - 2 (I did kill 67 stones worth of models as it turns out, we tallied up after). I didn't help myself by running a bad match up into her, but if we could possible knock a list like this up it would be useful so that we have an at a glance guide to what each master does and what to watch for.

The app does it pretty well in the cards section.

Edit: I search for the keyword to make sure you don't miss out of faction or double keyword models.

47 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

The app does it pretty well in the cards section.

Edit: I search for the keyword to make sure you don't miss out of faction or double keyword models.

I believe he wanted short summaries of all keywords instead of complete lists of everything they can do.

31 minutes ago, Iron_Wolf said:

I don't want to knock the idea.  Please take the questions I have as things to think about to try and get the best out of the idea. Learning what your opponent can do is a very important step in learning malifaux.

What would you have found useful to know about the Urami keyword before you faced it?

How much detail would you want to get lost in (lots of the keywords have multi page tactica on how to use them, which anyone can read)?

Honestly, just a quick overview of the basic things that the masters (and keywords) can do really. Against Kirai, I knew about vengeance, but wasnt aware she could bounce attack actions to her keyword models within a certain range, the multitude of healing and summoning threw me quite hard also. I was aware she could summon, I just wasn't aware how well she could pull this off and then use her crew to remove conditions to the extent that they did.

I did learn a fair bit out of the game, namely taking a larger crew or a less schemey crew as from what I saw she was very mobile and very strong in terms of damage output (not that my cards helped much, pretty sure I had 3 black jokers flip in on damage flips). I just feel like a small sum up of what the master can do and the keyword's main ability across the models (Following Orders on the Elite keyword for example).

We had something similar for 2e in terms of breakdown, model by model just for Guild, but I was thinking this way might be more appropriate as an at a glance guide for newer players and those who've not run into certain Masters before. Also wasn't aware of the tactica pages, so I shall have to have a look at those, thank you :)

45 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

If I was trying to warn someone about kirai, it would be an ikiriyo rush I would be warning about.

This is the kind of stuff I'd want. "The core schticks are x and y, and the big gimmicks are a and b".

It's probably the most useful thing I'm finding from the Floorheads podcast, the "it's not obvious from the individual cards, but Candy can bone your whole crew turn 1" or "McCabe will shred your whole hand or your whole crew in a single activation" points.

• Like 1

I don't know many people that know all the crew that well.  A few I can comment on:

Mah tucket- you are going to need htw to deal with those plus flips.  Also better be able to deal with a lot of ranged fire.

Von schtook- don't rely on conditions, because he'll cancel those.  8+ss enforcers can be a real liability.

Shen long- don't rely on neg flips for defense, nor htw.  He's coming fast and hard.  Bring guns to shoot the students.

Dr mcmourning- ljs pulsed condition removal makes him sad.

Dreamer- jury will help with the summons.  Sonia's blast can punish an opponent for depending on daydreams to keep dreamer safe.  Stitched are the best value in the game, and even worse when summoned.  Htw helps.

Levi- my personal Moby dick.  If you are me freak out and give up.

• Thanks 2