Lucius - what’s his trick.

Regelridderen

3 hours ago, Ogid said:

Lol, that's what I get to write the posts too fast XD. You are right, changeling can only copy tacticals. The way would be copying Issue command from Lucius (7) to obey a Lawyer (9) so it may obey non-minion... probably too convoluted to be worth it.

You can still target agent 46, our local Lucius gets an awful lot of ap out of him. 

• Agree 1

Recently played a game against my 10T opponent, learned a few things id like to share with y'all. We played Mono-Lucius vs Mono-Asami.

So, to begin with, I took in all keyword list. Lucius, Scribe, A46, Alan, Doppleganger, 2 lawyers, and a false witness.

Asami had totem, Ama No Zaku, 2 Tengu, Jurogumo, Huckster, and a Samurai w/ stealth upgrade.

So this is an interesting matchup. Lucius puts out a fuckload of negative flips throughout his crew. However, Asami can keep up with ease. Flicker basically counteracts that AND gives plus flips on damage. Combined w/ focus, they tend to overcome our defensive abilities. 

High willpower is a bit of a rough fight. My theme with my list was to hand out massive quantities of Slow, to prevent focusing and make surviving a lot easier, but both Ama No Zaku and Jurogumo are willpower 7, so that when off like once.

Agent 46 and Doppleganger thrived. Agent 46 being able to lure an opponent without them being able to cheat is a godsend (less so with Asami) and then Doppleganger being able to copy the Samurai gun, or Jurogumo sword, is awesome. 10/10 recommend the combination of the 2. 

Cards were huge this game. My card draw was pretty damn good, especially since I get a pass tokens every time Asami summons. In addition, I was able to keep my opponents hand depleted, even with Asami having Arcane Reservoir.

That said, summoning hurt a lot. I killed the samurai, ama no Zaku, and 3ish Jurogumo over the course of the game but those Jurogumo really keep the crew pinned in place, and I definitely closed ranks in order to keep all auras going. This meant that the Tengu and Huckster went unopposed through my backline accomplishing schemes while Asami hid behind her wall of angry spider centaur, slowly killing me off.

All in all, Asami feels like a very hard counter to Lucius, because she's got lots of high stat, high damage attacks that can get plus flips out the ass, and she can just keep bringing more, without the limitations of having to summon near scheme marker or corpse markers or having obscene target numbers to hit. (looking at you Dashel)

Anyways. I lost terribly. But I love this list, it's got lots of potential and I want to see it against someone not Asami or Shen Long. It lacks any decent mobile models though, so maybe fitting in an investigator would be wise.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Cronex13, It's a bit of Necro but I'd try to include 1 Exorcist versus her. You may one-shot Jorogumos cheating a crow and Agent47 may copy the Sanctified Crossbow, make it stat 6, use Inhuman Psicology with it and also stonne the trigger... Asami won't like that and it'll make the game much easier to manage than try to bruteforce through 3 Summoned Jorogumos.

• Thanks 1

That's... Really fucking nuts. Holy shit. That's ridiculously efficient. Asami cheats a 13 and a stone for her model, I cheat a stone and maybe a card to kill it. And without her endless wall of summons to hide behind, she will find herself much more vulnerable.

I'd forgotten that the crossbow has its own trigger that's not Execute, and that he doesn't have the option of discarding a card or as to prevent death.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ogid said:

@Cronex13, It's a bit of Necro but I'd try to include 1 Exorcist versus her. You may one-shot Jorogumos cheating a crow and Agent47 may copy the Sanctified Crossbow, make it stat 6, use Inhuman Psicology with it and also stonne the trigger... Asami won't like that and it'll make the game much easier to manage than try to bruteforce through 3 Summoned Jorogumos.

Honestly this might be worth hiring Agent 46 into Marshal crews if your opponent declares a summoning master. Or Both 46 and an Exorcist into any guild crew. That’s the price of an upgrade, and I’d definitely pay 2 SS to one-shot an ice golem for a stone.

• Agree 1

I've said it before, keywords are nice for setting up thematic crews and start with a decent crew with clear synergies; but the entire faction roster should be considered for each game, and this is the prefect example. Agent47 copying that action is hand down the best summon hunter of the game, the exorcist has stat 5 and is a minion, the lone marshal one is in a bonus action and it's an enforcer, Vicent doesn't have IP but at least can stone and has stat 6, and the Charm Warder is also mele minion without the trigger (but at least this one may have stat 8 so cheating is easier)

And this is also an example why I think Lucius works very well when the player has most of the faction. He is able to pick any model of the faction (especially minions) and take any tool needed to the next level either feeding it with actions putting it in a better model (Agent or Doppleganger)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1