Slow/ fast and sloth

Kevinsmith101

It says clearly that slow and fast cancel each other. Does this mean sloth can use his bonus action to give a friendly model slow and heal 3, then use riger mortis to give them fast cancelling out slow ( but not removing either) then use it again to give them fast?  Or I'm thinking as both fast and slow dont end until the end of the models activation the stacking of fast does nothing... correct? 

11 minutes ago, Kevinsmith101 said:

It says clearly that slow and fast cancel each other. Does this mean sloth can use his bonus action to give a friendly model slow and heal 3, then use riger mortis to give them fast cancelling out slow ( but not removing either) then use it again to give them fast?  Or I'm thinking as both fast and slow dont end until the end of the models activation the stacking of fast does nothing... correct? 

Cancellation is immediate:

A model can only have one instance of each Condition at a time. If a Condition is canceled by another Con- dition, both Conditions are immediately removed from the model in question.

Note that it says “both Conditions are removed”, so if a model has Slow, and and effect says that it gains Fast, it does successfully gain Fast and then immediately removes it and the cancelling Condition.   And likewise for Fast and gaining Slow.

So If a model has Fast, you have to put Slow on it twice for it to end up with Slow.  More importantly, the Fast model is able to gain Slow twice.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, newsun said:

While this is doable unsure the situation where spending two ap to pass one ap is worth it.

His lighting is free and has no resist. So it's a heal 3 for 1 ap- better than most heals. Also excellent when the model already has slow. 

I take sloth in nearly every list. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:49 AM, newsun said:

While this is doable unsure the situation where spending two ap to pass one ap is worth it.

It's not only passing 1 AP, it's using 2 APs (and a bonus action) to heal that model 3 Wds and give it fast. Considering the average heal is a 1/2/3 flip and giving fast usually cost 1 AP (and in some cases needs a trigger that deal damage), it's not a bad trade (neither is super eficient tho).

A good pair for sloth could be a bone pile to remove the slow with "Throw em a bone" instead of using Sloth APs (but in that case, no fast for that model). It's specialy good considering the bone pile may be healed without giving it slow if needed.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, newsun said:

Some good points.

Do those running sloth use ride with me type of effects to get him in place or simply double walk up turn one?

Ride with me turn one if you have the chance or some other movement shenanigan. Otherwise yes, double Mv turn one and hopefully he'll only have to spend 1 more action walking.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:57 PM, McCabe said:

His utility range is huge so his speed is less relevant. 8 on his fast and 10 on his heal. 

But you still have to move him lol