Lone Marshal: Great Enforcer or Best Enforcer

Hagisman

I ran the Lone Marshal during a tournament the other week and had pretty good results with him. Took him out of faction with Hoffman twice and didn't regret it.

• Ruthless saved me on a lot of terrifying and manipulative.
  • Run and Gun + his Long Carbine meant he was hitting things  up to 21 inches away if terrain wasn't blocking him from his charge.
  • Startle (:crowExorcism) was great against Sandeep. One shot an Ice Golem and still had movement/actions to get my Breakthrough point. Had I realized it earlier I would have been able to kill a Fire Golem as well.
  • Df/Wp 6 is just great.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

I quite enjoy both! Especially when they can run to the corners in a Flank/Corner deployment with Outflank/Harness and Explosives/Idols in the pool. Then J runs down the middle and leaves the opponent with hard decisions (and dead models).

This! I've done exactly this same set up and boy is it fun! I usually back Justice and Judge up with a Domador and/or Steward with LLC on each to make them as scary as possible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hagisman said:

I ran the Lone Marshal during a tournament the other week and had pretty good results with him. Took him out of faction with Hoffman twice and didn't regret it.

• Ruthless saved me on a lot of terrifying and manipulative.
  • Run and Gun + his Long Carbine meant he was hitting things  up to 21 inches away if terrain wasn't blocking him from his charge.
  • Startle (:crowExorcism) was great against Sandeep. One shot an Ice Golem and still had movement/actions to get my Breakthrough point. Had I realized it earlier I would have been able to kill a Fire Golem as well.
  • Df/Wp 6 is just great.

Hold on - you can charge and shoot across the table?!

7 minutes ago, Mikes said:

It seems so obvious now I think about it. Do you have to charge directly towards the model you shoot at?

No, you can charge anywhere. I recommend reading the new charge rules. The only restriction for movement is that it is a push, and thus has to be in a straight line. 

• Agree 1