What's Tournament Viable?

Thedeadclaw

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Ah, sorry, I misread the initial post and thought it said "Toshiro is useless for Yan Lo" and not "Toshiro is useless for Ten Thunders." My mistake!

no problem! ;) I encourage you a lot to get the Ancestor crew! :) He is very fun to play and you have some nice trick with Yan! He is my favorite crew right now!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Molly is (IMO) fantastic for corrupted idols. She is also great at plant explosives, and TheWrathChilde says Turf War is her best thing. Her crew is good at the majority of the schemes. She is the queen of scheme denial.

I think Plant is her best. I just think she is also outstanding at Turf War too.

Generally I think she can do all, and do them well. It just really comes to the schemes whether I take her or some of the other choices outside of Plant. I often take Seamus, Doc, or Albus for Turf as well. It is probably the strategy where we have the most masters that can do it well. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you're looking at second masters, my theorycrafting suggests Kirai is a good second master into Shenlong if you pick another master against TT and they declare Shen. Molly and Kirai are a good combo (Molly draws tons of cards, Kirai eats them with summons).

if I were going to go that route it would be Albus and Kirai....Albus turns off his upgrades and provides card draw, Kirai does Kirai things. 

3 hours ago, Thedeadclaw said:

Had a playtest game tonight with Molly and smashed Mah 7/2, and had a blast doing it. Think I made a good point at choice!

Molly is prob a realy bad match up for mei feng. Mollys attacks are realy good vs the constructs as they tend to have low df/wp but high armour and either is more about the slow/triggers for one more question or does irraduceable 

Also removing her scrap markers realy dents in mei fengs plan. I wouldn't judge any master after one game only, especially one game where one master Can do so much vs the other 

2 hours ago, dannydb said:

Molly is prob a realy bad match up for mei feng. Mollys attacks are realy good vs the constructs as they tend to have low df/wp but high armour and either is more about the slow/triggers for one more question or does irraduceable 

Also removing her scrap markers realy dents in mei fengs plan. I wouldn't judge any master after one game only, especially one game where one master Can do so much vs the other 

it was Molly vs Mah not Mei.

4 minutes ago, Robbe said:

Where can I read some lists some people play in tournaments?

Some people post them here, you'll sometimes get people writing battle reports. Several podcasts do talk about tournements they play at and crew lists, but not very many people do  any of these, and its not something that is tracked anywhere.

3 hours ago, Robbe said:

Where can I read some lists some people play in tournaments?

Well that kind of defeates one of the points of malifaux that you can change your lists and there isn't a net list. 

If someone was to share your list with you unless you were aware of why they took certain models it doesn't make much sense 

For example I will run a list of molly, totem dead rider, necro, archie and 3 crooligans but unless you knew the pool the crew was designed for why I took said models it's hard to know when to change it up and the combos in the crew

On 10/23/2019 at 1:37 PM, dannydb said:

Well that kind of defeates one of the points of malifaux that you can change your lists and there isn't a net list. 

But giving someone a starting point to play and figure out with isn’t a bad thing. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:37 PM, dannydb said:

For example I will run a list of molly, totem dead rider, necro, archie and 3 crooligans but unless you knew the pool the crew was designed for why I took said models it's hard to know when to change it up and the combos in the crew

He could just listen to the Molly Deep Dive on Third Floor Wars from back in spring to hear about using that exact list in multiple strategies and what schemes it works well with.