Call Me Slow: The Captain Is Out

Jesy Blue

In the latest installment of our "Call Me Slow" web series, I just realized that when Zipp Disengages, even if he loses the duel, he will always move at least 2", in most cases that alone will remove him from an engagements.  But on top of that, if you drop a :maskas your defence, win, lose or draw (well, draw is still losing in Malifaux, so that was a redundant sentence), you still trigger Blasting Off Again and place 6 more inches away, with winning giving you a potential 14" single action move!  And all for the penalty of not being able to take an Interact action that you could not take in the first place thanks to Got Better Stuff To Do.

• Like 1

According to page 12 of the M3E Rulebook under Resistance Triggers: "Resistance Triggers cannot be declared by a model if they are targetted by an action generated by their own Disengage action". So you can't declare the Blasting Off Again trigger during your Disengage. However that is a great point in regards to Zipp not caring about the "no interact portion" of the disengage action! 👌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1