Lore inconsistency with death marshalls?

Astrella

18 minutes ago, Adran said:

I think that there were 6 stories, but they were written from the perspective of the faction that won that week. Tara was the outcast, who won the event, karina was the resser, the guild was a death Marshall ( who karina killed with a rock to the head then raised), the never born was a nephlim and arcanist was a miner if I remember. I can't remember if we had tt then, but if we did they had a sniper, who shot Tara I think

If my memory serves me right it was the Guild guy who was the sniper.

• Agree 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:30 AM, solkan said:

It's Lichecraft.  :P 

More seriously, it's a side effect of the magic that they use.  The previous occupant of the Judge position wore a mask because of the state his face was in.  And the effect was demonstrated to be strong enough that some death marshals are vulnerable to necromantic control (see the last Lady Justice vs. Nicodem encounter).

Death Marshal start out living.  They end up somewhat undead.

Yeah but it's just weird that the recruiter who has the same flaming skull thing going on isn't undead. But I suppose The Judge isn't either, so maybe regular Marshalls are just undead for gameplay reasons?

13 hours ago, solkan said:

Ah, okay.  I didn't realize that's what the real life timeline of occurrences between the event and Tara haven rules.  

I'm once again confronted by the fact that it's almost impossible to find any of the traces of the 2013 Dead of Winter event now, other than saying that there at one time were six faction stories being written for the event.  :( 

I just found it here

https://archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1408/05/1408054755170.pdf

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing to consider about Karina raising Death Marshals is one of the core things that Tara continues to say about Karina doing anything, "Nobody thought to tell her it couldn't be done."  It is possible that Karina is able to do things like, summon Death Marshals or any of the other crazy stuff she does, because she is able to somehow defy the "laws of magic" for Malifaux.  Everybody else has these specific rules and ways that magic works.  Karina does not, for whatever reason.  Therefore, she can pull of things others cannot.