What to bring - vs Shenlong

Paddywhack

14 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Ashigaru are an interesting choice. From what I'm hearing from Shenlong players though is that they aren't really cycling upgrades often. With a stack of Chi making him Df7, he lasts quite a while. 

I've used style cycling mostly on last action when I want to protect him more! So I would burn a stone or a high tome to switch after the action to wandering river style and give him butterfly jump!

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Man I hate Butterfly Jump....

I only have a real problem with it on models with decent health or another defence. Masters with Butterfly Jump that have 10+ wounds, can stone, and usually have another defence on top of that are a bit too much.

Shenlong is (probably) the most egregious example, but I despise that Neverborn upgrade nonetheless.

18 minutes ago, Jinn said:

I only have a real problem with it on models with decent health or another defence. Masters with Butterfly Jump that have 10+ wounds, can stone, and usually have another defence on top of that are a bit too much.

Shenlong is (probably) the most egregious example, but I despise that Neverborn upgrade nonetheless.

Nekima with the butterfly jump upgrade is a nightmare to deal with!

Seamus. Same answer to all problems. I've played Seamus exclusively for last 2 events and finished 4th in English GT and 2nd this past weekend on diff (3 wins no losses).

Turn one use gravedigger to pulse focus.

Turn 2 move emissary forward twice and throw out 2 markers, turning one to a zombie past centre line.

Turn 3 teleport Seamus to marker and delete one of shens totems. Discard zombie and delete the other with 2nd shot then teleport away.

No more distracted for shen so just ignore him or feed him some chaff whilst removing rest of his crew and scoring points.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Granty1982 said:

Seamus. Same answer to all problems. I've played Seamus exclusively for last 2 events and finished 4th in English GT and 2nd this past weekend on diff (3 wins no losses).

Turn one use gravedigger to pulse focus.

Turn 2 move emissary forward twice and throw out 2 markers, turning one to a zombie past centre line.

Turn 3 teleport Seamus to marker and delete one of shens totems. Discard zombie and delete the other with 2nd shot then teleport away.

No more distracted for shen so just ignore him or feed him some chaff whilst removing rest of his crew and scoring points.

What were your crews out of interest? 

Von Schtook could be an interesting option. He shuts down upgrades within 6" so you can take away Fermented River Style if you can maintain that proximity (or any other style). He becomes a much more manageable opponent in that situation. Anna being near can also prevent him from being healed so if you can position correctly you ought to be able to shut him down. There are a couple of models that can stun Shenlong also to prevent him using his triggers