Still waiting for my M3E book :(

iamthefly

59 minutes ago, iamthefly said:

I missed the preorder but ordered my own copy of M3E the day my friends' preorder stuff arrived. 

I keep emailing Element Games who just say they are waiting for stock. 

Its been months! What's the hold up? 

Did you hear that the M3E main book print run sold out?  

If you've put money down on your preorder with Element Games, you can probably submit your receipt to Wyrd for the PDF deal, if you'd like to have the PDF while you wait.

Thanks, I'll give the PDF a try.

Tbh,  I feel that if the first run sold out that fast, it can't have taken Wyrd by surprise. They must be able to predict sales to a certain extent. They also must know how long it was gong to take to print a second run. I kinda feel like this must have been the plan, to release in dribs and drabs rather than investing the capital into a big enough first run and have confidence that the product will sell enough to make the money back. Crowd funding culture. Maybe I'm wrong and they are totally surprised that they sold out before it even landed. 

On 10/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, solkan said:

If you've put money down on your preorder with Element Games, you can probably submit your receipt to Wyrd for the PDF deal, if you'd like to have the PDF while you wait.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, solkan said:

Companies can only make predictions based on what the distributors they work with tell them. Even if Wyrd thought that the numbers they were being told were under, they can't risk ordering a lot more simply because of the costs associated with storing excess stock etc. more than a few gaming companies have gone under through ordering way too much stock to meet an anticipated demand that just wasn't there.

My guess would be that they ordered somewhere between the two figures (their estimated figure and the distributors ordered figure) to try and make a balance. 

At least the core rules are available as a free PDF!