Sign in to follow this  
Skystrife

What models in neverborn can make other models go fast?

very new to this and first time posting, ive been looking through the crews and decided neverborn is for me, what im finding a little lack luster is there ability to put out fast, i know iggy can do it to himself and hes a great liitle scheme runner/ anti schemer but is there anyone else in neverborn that can give out fast?

You can search/filter for 'fast' with the new app.

The answear for Neverborn is Zoraida and Candy.

Kade and iggy can gain it themselves.

Nekina has "fast food", but no either fast connection.

Why would the lack of fast make Neverborn lack luster for you? You said Neverborn is for you, but if fast is what makes you happy, you may be better in outcasts or something. Not trying to turn you away from Neverborn though. See, Neverborn generally don't need fast because our gameplay isn't very straight forward. Fast is good, but Malifaux's nasties like tricks. Such as placing terrain to slow the opponent and putting ourselves at positives, or surprising the enemy with something popping up in their face or pulling and pushing things out of position, or even using their own models to score our points. There are a lot of things that Neverborn do that really doesn't need fast. So, though this doesn't answer your question about handing out fast, I hope you see that the faction isn't lack luster due to one ability.

25 minutes ago, AngelRogue said:

Why would the lack of fast make Neverborn lack luster for you? You said Neverborn is for you, but if fast is what makes you happy, you may be better in outcasts or something. Not trying to turn you away from Neverborn though. See, Neverborn generally don't need fast because our gameplay isn't very straight forward. Fast is good, but Malifaux's nasties like tricks. Such as placing terrain to slow the opponent and putting ourselves at positives, or surprising the enemy with something popping up in their face or pulling and pushing things out of position, or even using their own models to score our points. There are a lot of things that Neverborn do that really doesn't need fast. So, though this doesn't answer your question about handing out fast, I hope you see that the faction isn't lack luster due to one ability.

im not finding them lack luster at all i love the faction i just notcied there wasnt a lot of fast that i found lack luster compared to other factions, still very new to the game im enjoying dreamer very much and i get that he doesnt need fast as the amount of summons you can have 

• Like 1

There isn't a lot of ways to give out fast in the game. Several models can make themselves fast, but not many make other models fast. (A few keywords have mechanics based around the fast condition, such as wizzbang, or Obliteration or Bandit, but even then they generally are unable to make other models fast).

Dreamer has other ‘fast’ stuff. Like teleporting spiders, Daydreams moving models around, Serena punching people from a distance. Chompy getting teleported into melee from half a table away. 

Or how ‘bout Nekima and her Infernal Airforce ignoring terrain and other troublesome stuff. That’s an in-yo’-face kind of speed. 

Or check out how Lucius’ elites prefer taking actions out of turn, piling them all, where they’re needed the most. 

• Agree 1

Generally the faction doesn't do a lot with directly gaining fast, it's more often a sort of backdoor action efficiency. We have a lot models with onslaught style triggers for free attacks, or bonus actions that are 'regular action' quality.

The bigger issue I find for action economy is our lack of aoe positive conditions. Black blood shaman can pulse out focus, but there's not a lot else that can do that sort of 'trading up' your actions. Ten thunders is the gold standard with a lot of ways of getting focused other buds  off of auras or cheap models