Give them the Fingers?

GrumpyGrandpa

Hey guys

How many of you have tried out the new M3E-version of Fingers, and what is your experience with him? I've only just now started to delve into Brewmaster, and I cannot seem to justify him and his spot. 9 SS to deny scheming seems decent in theory, but I can find other ways of doing that.

He just seems too overpriced for how little he does - Or am I wrong?

What situations just scream "This is a job for Fingers!" to you?

First turn, first activation, A Toast gives your crew poison, A Toast gives your crew poison again, Trusty Flask with the Shower of Booze trigger on a 3+:crow, now most of your crew has 3 poison and can go about your day.

Use Have A Drink with the built in Obey on your own poisoned models to get more out of them.

Fingers helps your crew first, then anti schemes.

Also, One More Question is Tara bane, make all your fast models slow, now no summons arrive.

I wouldn't put him on the table unless at minimum 2 out of 5 schemes are scheme marker related. He really needs to do something after the first initial shenanigans to justify 9SS.

Note that even if he doesn't seem to have much impact on the game, just the sheer existence of him on the table might have forced your opponent into choosing schemes that they wouldn't have otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soda_popinski said:

Note that even if he doesn't seem to have much impact on the game, just the sheer existence of him on the table might have forced your opponent into choosing schemes that they wouldn't have otherwise.

This is important to remember. Most people build their lists and only look at 2 or 3 schemes to do. If his presence in your list has ruled out some of those schemes, then he has already had a big effect on the game, but one that you might not know ever happened.

• Thanks 1

A lot of good input guys - Thanks a lot!

I've got a quick question in regards to his Attack action Have a drink, and the build-in trigger "A Small Favor". 

It essentially obeys the model, but I assume target model will still be engaged with Fingers? What is your normal "go-to" use of this trigger, if any?  (Enemy-model wise. I can see you'd also be able to obey your own models with it)

Best targets are Don't Mind Me models so you can make them pick their own markers back up or move Corrupted Idol markers and such.

Hit someone who is already near one of their own models and you can then swing at the neighboring enemy model.  Against Guild, this is a funny way of removing the Guild Steward.

Make sure you use up any focus or chi or any other token-like resource they have on every flip you make them do, like any Oni not in an Asami crew (Akaname & Katashiro are usually taken independently) you can give them flicker with your Obey actions.

Fingers is amazing. Not only is he a great scheme-Denier! He is incredibly annoying with dishing out slow and rather hard to pin down!

One game against Misaki he survived two rounds amidst enemy beaters because of the built in squeal combined with the trusty flask heal. he kept the lone swordsman and a Crime boss busy. He even made Misaki Show up to deal with him.

• Agree 1

Fingers is pretty good.  For 9 SS he's got a solid defensive profile, he's quick, and while Chatty isn't quite as debilitating as it used to be, it's still certainly a nuisance, especially later in a turn when an opponents control hand has dwindled. No resistance poison in a 6" pulse (with the added potential of card draw to boot) is appreciated, he can either self heal or steal scheme markers as fast actions, One More Question for Slow and possibly a lot of damage is nice. Honestly though, his Have a Drink is where I feel like he can really shine. Besides the ability to Pilfer SS from your opponent, the built in trigger A Small Favor has so many potential uses, from having your Fermented River Monks get more Poison and a free swing, to securing Deliver a Message's second portion via beating the enemy leader with their own beater, to even just repositioning an enemy model outside of their own engagement range to keep another friendly model alive, the possibilities are what make it so good.

I'm not gonna say he's a perfect model, but he does facilitate a lot for the Tri-Chi, making it easier to complete your goals as well as hinder the opponent's. Cheers!