False Claims and end of turn

octavius_

Question

If I have 2 Union Miners use False claim in a turn, how many scheme markers do I need to remove in the end phase? 

Do I do it sequentially? Miner 1 needs to remove a marker, then miner 2 needs to remove a marker. 

Or is it focused on the actual ends of the ability? I remove a marker, both the requirements of Miner 1 and 2 are satisfied as a marker was removed. 

Thanks. 

3 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, octavius_ said:

If I have 2 Union Miners use False claim in a turn, how many scheme markers do I need to remove in the end phase? 

Each action generates an effect which needs to be resolved invidually.  Because each one is an effect generated by an Action.  

Do I do it sequentially? Miner 1 needs to remove a marker, then miner 2 needs to remove a marker. 

Yes.  Technically, both of the effects have the same timing specified, so you use Simultaneous Effects to figure out an ordering in which you can resolve them.  Because there could be a lot of different "During the End Phase" effects, including things like Burning and Poison.

Or is it focused on the actual ends of the ability? I remove a marker, both the requirements of Miner 1 and 2 are satisfied as a marker was removed. 

It's an Action, not an Ability.  Not that that makes a difference.

The point being that "I discarded a scheme marker" doesn't satisfy multiple actions or abilities that say "Discard a Scheme Marker".  They each get their go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2