Rake the Eyes. Who orders who knows?

CustardBomb

Question

I have a question regarding the Rake the Eyes trigger. 

"Choose a Suit. Target must reveal the top three cards of their Fate deck and discard any cards of the named suit. Place the remaining cards on top of the fate deck in any order"

My question pertains to the 2nd half of the trigger.

Mainly which player gets to order the cards? And following on. Are both players aware of the order when they are placed on the top of the deck?

3 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, CustardBomb said:

Mainly which player gets to order the cards? And following on. Are both players aware of the order when they are placed on the top of the deck?

The player who is resolving the trigger is the one who order the cards. The second part is a bit more tricky but I'd say both know the order; the cards are revealed (so both players can see them) and there is no point where only the player ordering them is the only player that can look at them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, CustardBomb said:

I have a question regarding the Rake the Eyes trigger. 

"Choose a Suit. Target must reveal the top three cards of their Fate deck and discard any cards of the named suit. Place the remaining cards on top of the fate deck in any order"

My question pertains to the 2nd half of the trigger.

The acting player chooses the order (because it doesn’t say “target places the remaining cards”).  Order’s know to the player choosing the order.

Difference is mostly because the target knows the state of their discard pile, but not the state of their deck without working for it.  

• Like 1