Waldo's Weekly - If You Have Ghosts

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, Waldo decided to get ahead of the game and started putting together his Halloween costume early. Before he finally landed on a decision, he went through a few iterations first: an evil penguin, an evil goat, an evil potato, Danny Devito, an evil Danny Devito... but after ripping apart every leftover scrap of cloth in our warehouse, he put on a white and red shirt, some jeans, and a beanie. We haven’t been able to find him since.   

So while Waldo gets into the festive spirit, let’s reveal some spirits of our own with a new unit in the upcoming Starter Box for The Other Side: Enslaved Spirits!

WaldosWeekly_1002_EnslavedSpirits_Art.jpg

Whether in a full ghostly Company or as a part of an Envoy, the Enslaved Spirits are a pivotal piece to any Court of Two force, particularly one that is being led by Kirai (more on her role in The Other Side in the future!). At a relatively low cost (just 5 Scrip), the Enslaved Spirits are doing what the Court of Two already wants to do and improves upon those mechanics (and in some instances, twists them just a bit).

WaldosWeekly_1002_EnslavedSpirits_Card.jpg

Not only are they a great way to keep your Champions alive at an increased distance with the Chained Ability, they’ll also be dishing out some decent damage in both melee and ranged combat. Once you get them into Glory, their Lethal Curses are going to become as brutal as the Action’s name suggests, as the Court of Two will have plenty of Reinforcement Tokens to help increase their attacks.

WaldosWeekly_1002_EnslavedSpirits_Render.jpg

Speaking of Glory, let’s look at how the Court of Two will be getting there by checking out their Allegiance card. When a Court of Two unit activates, all it needs are two Reinforcement Tokens to grow in power. When considering their other Allegiance Abilities (as well as some other tricks up their sleeves), these otherworldly spirits are going to continue to haunt the table turn after turn, with some units growing more powerful as others begin to fade away.

WaldosWeekly_1002_CourtAllegiance_Card.jpg

Once again, we’ve got more to talk about this week. You’ve all been clamoring for more information about our Special Orders for Malifaux Third Edition, and we’re finally ready to pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how it’s going to work.

For those who are unfamiliar, our Special Order program is a way for us to help out our veteran players (or new players who happen to own some older M2E models!) by allowing them to scoop up individual new models that have been bundled with our existing ones. For example, if you already own Banjonistas but want to get your hands on a sweet Georgy & Olaf model, you can get your hands them by themselves by ordering them through your local game store.

There are some caveats and exceptions to this, so for the full breakdown of how the Special Order program works, head here.

The Special Order program itself will begin next week (as far as actually ordering these specific models), so let your local game store know about the program today!

Before we’re done with this Waldo’s Weekly, though, we have some reminders!

• Rotten Harvest is back! We’re running our favorite painting competition again, and you can be a part of it right now. Head HERE to find out more.
  • Does seeing the Enslaved Spirits and other content for The Other Side excite you for the future? If you want to be a part of helping us shape the content of TOS, become a playtester! We just opened up playtesting again, and would love to hear your feedback. To find out how, visit our post HERE

That’s it from us. See you next week!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

edited to remove no longer relevant comment on no longer existing comment.

On topic, the stuff that's being launched in the special order program ranges from September to June.  Should we likely expect things will come up in the special order program the following month or so?

Edited by Clement
responded to a post that no longer exists.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, Hellomurse said:

The info page says SKUs will be below, but they are not there. Does anyone have the SKUs available? (I'm looking specifically for the Order Initiate SKU)

I happened to look for something on the web store just now, and the first three of the special order items are now up.

The SKUs aren't visible on the web store, but the Special Orders webpage has been updated with the SKUs, of the form WYR_____-SO.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/special-orders

On 10/3/2019 at 6:53 AM, Kyle said:

The Special Order program itself will begin next week (as far as actually ordering these specific models), so let your local game store know about the program today!

I know Kyle is a time traveller, but do we have any idea on when this program is going to start?

It's been 7 weeks now.

I was planning on getting these, as well as any others released with my Black Friday order, but I'm not holding my breath, and I can't really justify placing the order without them, because shipping is brutal. I know that shipping isn't Wyrd's fault (dead horse > kentauri), but I'm also not going to spend $Texas placing multiple orders, either.

Bonus Additional Gripe, still waiting on my Alt Spit Hog and "replacement" Von Shtook cards (2x 5 Upgrades weren't in the box I bought). Both outstanding since August.

48 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

I know Kyle is a time traveller, but do we have any idea on when this program is going to start?

It's been 7 weeks now.

I was planning on getting these, as well as any others released with my Black Friday order, but I'm not holding my breath, and I can't really justify placing the order without them, because shipping is brutal. I know that shipping isn't Wyrd's fault (dead horse > kentauri), but I'm also not going to spend $Texas placing multiple orders, either.

Bonus Additional Gripe, still waiting on my Alt Spit Hog and "replacement" Von Shtook cards (2x 5 Upgrades weren't in the box I bought). Both outstanding since August.

They are in the store at the moment.

There are only 3 so far, Order initates, Elijah borgman and the firebranded, and good old boys, but I can see them in the store to order

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

They are in the store at the moment.

There are only 3 so far, Order initates, Elijah borgman and the firebranded, and good old boys, but I can see them in the store to order

Oh, cool. I was expecting some kind of announcement after the first couple delays pushed it back.

**checks**

OK, they're all reasonably priced. I'll be getting those.