Rasputina crew : need advices to deal against Freikscorp

Necrosage

Hi people ! So I began malifaux 3E last week and had a fun game against my friend who plaus Freikscorp. What I noticed is how resistant his models were thanks to armor and shielded. I also noticed how slow most of my models were (most of them never went to his side of the table). Thus I decided to try to find a way to fix these two issues. What do you think of the following list (here's also my friend's list).

End Rasputina (Arcanists)
Size: 50 - Pool: 9
Leader:
  Rasputina
    Magical Training
Totem(s):
  Wendigo
Hires:
  Silent One
  December Acolyte
  Silent One 2
  December Acolyte 2
  Blessed of December
  Hoarcat

New Von Schill Crew (Outcasts)
Leader:
  Von Schill
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Arik Schöttemer
  Hannah Lovelace
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Freikorps Engineer
  Freikorpsmann
  Freikorps Scout

• Like 2

I'd take a Soulstone Miner in place of the Hoarcat and move Magical Training to it.

Blessed of December could benefit strongly from the Soulstone Cache upgrade to ensure reliable triggers.

Snow Storm could provide much-needed mobility and guard against all the :ranged attacks that Freikorps bring.

• Agree 1

You could consider the captain for an additional anti-shoot bubble and the relic hammer. Similarly Megarachnids might be a good counter pick with their Precise. They're not quick so maybe consider Diesel Engine on one/both but that might be over doing it.

I've not had too much experience against Outcasts so can't comment with much authority.

Steam Arachnid Swarms are crazy good, especially with the Diesel Engine upgrade. They're extremely good at scheming and killing.

I'm expecting Soulstone Miners and Steam Arachnid Swarms to be nerfed whenever Wyrd does their first errata though, so maybe don't go all in on buying them. Hopefully we're still left with a versatile schemerunner because I don't think Hoarcats are particularly good at scheming. I really wish they had Ambush or something to put them at the same level as other schemerunners.

4 minutes ago, dannydb said:

I guess main issue is the fricorps ignore blasts 

They don't generally. Arik can, and VS has Blast Resistant +1, but that's it for specific anti-blast tech.

The bigger issue against Freikorps is the Drachen Trooper pulsing out slow/staggered removal on an easy TN, AND removing ice pillars with his bonus. Kill that guy quick.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advices people. I reworked my list according to your comments

End Rasputina (Arcanists)
Leader:
  Rasputina
Totem(s):
  Wendigo
Hires:
  December Acolyte
  December Acolyte 2
  Blessed of December