2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - October

Caedrus

1 hour ago, Purple Mist said:

Hello,

WIP of a couple of ruin scenics I'm going after. I tried to get a gostly look but some colours are masked by the strong, artificial and direct light I'm using for these pics. Hope to improve the overal aspect with washes. Wooden and metal details till to be worked.

Literally just spray painted these myself. :)

8 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Purple Mist: That scenery looks awesome. The bust in particular is wonderful. Would 40SS reflect the effort? Oh, and do you have a total for September?

@Boomstick: I think 40SS would be fair for the pure time commitment. Where'd that scenery come from?

I do not know: I'm just the dumb one that waste his time "spray painting" plastics and posting here.  :(

28 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

Anche se poche settimane fa alcuni sostenevano che la mia proposta fosse al di fuori dello spirito di questo gruppo che non avevo a pieno compreso, credo di saper distinguere ancora un commento da un'offesa.

Mi scuso per il mio brutto tentativo di italiano. Non stai perdendo tempo. Dipingi bene. Ogni tecnica è utile.

(Google Translation of) Apologies for my bad attempt at Italian. You are not wasting your time. You paint well. Every technique is useful.

Congrats @Wintergloom a well deserved price!
@PetitDalek amazing display (and crew!)

@Caedrus sadly i'll use my mulligan this month.  I'm in the middle of a refurbishment at home and moving flats, so i'm pretty thight on time, plus I0'm using all my limited hobby time on the "Rotten harvest" entry.  I'll try to duplicate my points for November to compensate 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 10/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, Purple Mist said:

I do not know: I'm just the dumb one that waste his time "spray painting" plastics and posting here.  :(

Oh, now I get it.

So when I posted I had literally just spray primed my war cry terrain. As in, I was at my computer waiting for the paint to dry and thought it was funny coincidence to see you working on the same pieces.

I wasn't making any kind of comment about your approach to the models or how close to finished they were.

And for the record, here are mine; looking an absolute shambles with no further progress these past two weeks. 😀

XDR4AO1l.jpg

@Caedrus Order Initiate done for 7ss

Difference a few hours makes:

pic5024309.jpg

pic5024307.jpgpic5024308.jpg

Haven't touched a brush in maybe a month. Burnout's a pain as I believe we discussed here a few months back. This one was fun enough though. Here's hoping it gets the ball rolling.

Very enjoyable model. Very well defined sculpting and not a lot of doodads to worry about. Times like this makes me wish Wyrd credited sculptors on the box;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, lusciousmccabe said:

Oh, now I get it.

So when I posted I had literally just spray primed my war cry terrain. As in, I was at my computer waiting for the paint to dry and thought it was funny coincidence to see you working on the same pieces.

I wasn't making any kind of comment about your approach to the models or how close to finished they were.

And for the record, here are mine; looking an absolute shambles with no further progress these past two weeks. 😀

XDR4AO1l.jpg

Ci sono regole logiche e semplici che vanno oltre le difficoltà ed i fraintendimenti che l'uso di una lingua superficialmente scritta (mi riferisco a me) possono alimentare: citare una frase altrui, facendola seguire da una propria affermazione, è un esplicito commento al testo originale. Nel caso specifico il commento poteva solo suonare offensivo.

Colgo l'occasione per ringraziare @Caedrus per le parole di incoraggiamento e per l'uso della mia madrelingua. Auguro un felice proseguo a tutti gli altri.

• Thanks 1