New Models Revealed, thanks App!

Morgan Vening

So, with the release of the App, all the new models have been revealed. Some of them have been revealed elsewhere, but I'm trying to be comprehensive in the list.

I'm not going to post all the pictures, because well, size, and also, you can get them on the App easy enough.

So, I'll just post the names (so people can see for themselves), a quick description, and the occasional commentary. I'm not going to opine on models that previously existed, but are getting resculpts, or the three new crews (Basse, Youku, Euripedes, Von Shtook). Three of those have been (or will soon be) fully released, and if someone wants to add on Euripedes Crew, they're welcome to do so. Also, I haven't added the new alternate arts for existing models. Like Hoffman's Watchers. The first is the one from his crew box, but the other two are significantly different art. Again, someone wants to add that, please do. I just concentrated on stuff that people might not have any idea what it looks like.

Arcanist
Order Initiates (Chimera) - Exactly what I expected, human/animal hybrids. Almost Chimeric. :) The first is a male snake hybrid, naga-esque, lower body of a snake, and with snake like features on the face. The second is a female bird hybrid, with her arms forming the leading edge of wings. The third is a male rhino hybrid, and the only one I actively don't like. Basically, it's a huge dude, with a small rhino horn for a nose. I'll need to field all three to put him on the table.

Elijah Borgmann - Sandor Clegane scarring on a dude, big sword, flaming torch. I'd hoped for something a little more impressive, but I'm not disappointed.

Firebranded - Three people in "rogues clothing", manifesting flame. First is a female with the flames manifest from one hand to the other, up along the back of both arms and head. I like this one best. Second is a guy in a sleeveless tunic, with hands aflame. Third is what I'm assuming is another female, though it's ambiguous enough, with one hand holding a fireball. 

Bayou
Georgy and Olaf - Was shown in a preview, is a little Gremlin riding on the back of a hulking Gremlin (akin to Lenny, though not as round) in what's either a welding mask, or a Ned Kelly homage. Clearly showing the Master Blaster (Mad Max/Road Warrior) roots, but with a Gremlinish flair. One of the models I'm REALLY wanting to get, once the Special Orders become available.

Good Ol Boys - Two hillbillies, and a hillmillie. Fits the character card/stats, but I'm not excited, and kinda haven't been since the Beta. I dunno, I just kinda feel it's wrong to have Sz2 Gremlins as a standard. Som'er is an exception, and just having larger Bayou Gremlins, without any other weirdness, just falls flat. I'll still get them, but they won't be a priority at all.

Spit Hog - As per Good Ol Boys, I really was hoping for more. It's not clear from the app picture, but it's a slightly larger sized Gremlin, sitting on top of a dead boar, being carried by a small Gremlin. The exaggeration just puts me off. That Gremlin underneath, with the strength he is exhibiting, should be swinging a weapon. The Alt Spit Hog is so much better.

LaCroix Raiders - First is a Gremlin with a longarm that looks more rifle-y than shotgunny (outside the flared barrel), wearing a massive backpack. The next two are male and female pirate, the male one with the pirate hat, and a flintlock pistol, with a barrel of what I'm assuming is alcohol. The female one is carrying a crate full of food, and wielding a club studded with metal spikes. I don't mind any of these, but I'll probably skip them, as I've got the plastic Young LaCroix, and they don't get used because the metal Young LaCroix are so much cooler.

Squealers - I WANT THESE! Larger Piglets (obviously), but with Mad Max Fury Road accouterments. First has Immortan Joe's facemask in pig form. Second has a square box facemask. Third I can't see. All three have a mechanical speaker system on their back, with gramophone-ish trumpets. Want, want, want.

Test Subjects - I am disappoint, but only because of the next summary. Three animals, with their brains wired up, and additional weapons and stuff. First is the orangutan with the brass knuckles that we've seen a preview of. The second is a rooster, with bladed wings and spine spikes. Third is a gator with clawed metal finger/toenail covers, doing what appears to be a karate kick. I want these, especially the last one.

Alphonse LeBlanc - A generic Gremlin, that at least from the waist up (that's where the art meets the card statistics) is so bland, it's really sad. When the art for the orangutan Test Subject came out, I thought it would be this guy. It matches the card (Huge Fist, throwing corpses and other models, the ability to increase in size, Demolitionist). I thought it was going to be a mild play on Pratchett's Librarian. Instead it's this vanilla nothing. I'm really disappointed, and will probably find a proxy, because I can't see myself wanting this one at all. I might change my mind, but it's my least favorite based on the art, on this list.

Guild
Melissa KORE - It may just be the coloring of the artwork, and a more industrial paintjob might do it better, but as it stands, in the artwork, it looks like it's out of a different game. A sci-fi game. Predator-ish headgear with glowing eyes, and a gatling gun that looks too futuristic. If you told me this was a 40K model, I'd probably believe you.

Agent 46 - Slenderman cosplaying as Lucius. Nothing wrong with that. But seems a bit too much "alien" in it's stance to fit in with the Guild's purity. Feels perfectly at home for the Neverborn side of the crew though.

Alan Reid - Seems exactly what I'd expect, given the Guild Investigators. Thin man, Lucius-esque jacket worn improperly, holding a badge like a cop, wearing a stovepipe hat. Fits in perfectly with the Investigators, which given his card, makes sense.

False Witnesses - Two of these I like, an older woman in a proper jacket and shawl pointing accusingly. A young woman in a simple tanktop doing the same. The one I'm not liking, is the burly biker bartender looking guy, also in a tank top, crying into a handkerchief. Just don't think it's funny in the right way.

The Dispatcher - Guy with technology all over him, and a massive radio backpack. I get what they're going for, I'm just not a fan of the highly technical, rather than the steampunk aesthetic. Why I don't like Melissa either. Also, don't know how Guild Sergeants are supposed to be New Horizoning this guy. He's Sz2, so my initial idea for a halfling sized guy (like Mouse or the Scribe) with a tuba type megaphone, won't really fit, but I was hoping for more.

Newsies - Exactly what I expected. Your industrial era paperboys, complete with the stereotypical caps. Two have just the single paper, one clearly calling out "Extra, Extra! Read all about it", the other a sad Dickensien Tiny Tim with a crutch, just as an average sized boy. The middle one, has two large barrels filled with newspapers, and is my favorite of the three.

Undercover Reporter - This was also previewed. Guy hiding in a barrel, with a pair of binoculars. I like it, but I really miss the two model version in a fake horse outfit some of us thought we were getting. I understand they didn't want to change the way the model operated, and it's too powerful to be usable in pairs, but still.

Neverborn
Blood Hunter - Is sufficiently Piggy and Nephilimy. Nekima-ish horns, no eyes discernable, and a lipless maw.

Aversion - Much more "ghosty" than I expected. Done as almost transparent. Kinda hope the models are transparent, because they'd look good, and because they'd fit well with my green transparency Pandora Woes. First is an old lady with a pair of creepy hand puppets. Second is an oaf/village idiot type, picking his nose. Third looks like a shirtless old prospector type, with the top left half of his head missing, and holding his brain in his left hand. All very creepy.

Outcast
Scavengers - Previewed, but simply, it's three guys you'ld expect to see in a post apocalyptic game, yet perfectly suitable for Malifaux under Levi. First is a large guy with a sack over one shoulder, a shotgun slung under the other, and a large steampunk chainsword type thing. Second just has the shotgun, an a steampunk arm, as well as a stylish bandana. If you told me he was recruited by Levi from Parker, I'd believe it. Third is your scavenger rat type. Small, hunched over, large backpack, improvised gun, machete. Feel he fits the role best.

Void Hunters - Not at all what I expected. There was an artwork a while ago that showed basically what a Void Wretch evolved into a human would look like, wearing a long robe or jacket. I fully expected that. Instead, we've got what probably should have been expected, an evolved Void Wretch. They all seem to have grown an extra leg, and a tail, and the first and third looks very wolf-like. The second looks like a werewolf version, bipedal, but still very much animalistic. I really like the look, and beyond the Squealers, is the model I'm most looking forward to getting.

Resser
Dead Dandies - Previewed, but what you'ld have expected anyways. Victorian era gentlemen, in the beginnings of their decay. First, a portly middle aged man with a moustache, cane, bowler and monocle. Second, a dead version of the kind of longed-for guy from a Jane Austen novel. Third, another stately gentleman, with muttonchops, pipe, and cane, reading the spine of a book. All in all cool.

Ten Thunders
Kitty Dumont - Same kind of etheral nature as the Aversions, looking like the ghost of a fairly young schoolmarm with wild hair, and vacant (literally) eyes.

Desper Laraux - Garrett the Thief. Seriously, wouldn't look out of place in a D&D game. Guy in dark clothes, with dark gloves, and a dark hooded cloak, swinging a grappling hook. One of the few models on this list I won't be acquiring. I do not like the aesthetic, and as I plan on using Miss AnneThropes for Hucksters, one I wasn't going to buy a box for one model. Found what I feel is a much more appropriate one in Reaper's Witchita Witch, with my guy converting the coiled whip into a coiled rope with a grappling hook.

Hucksters - As above, I'll be using my Miss AnneThropes. But the first two look great, and if I did get them, I'd be happy with them. The first is a buxom woman in a showgirl outfit, with a short hooded jacket, peddling potions and elixirs. The second is a skeevy Draco-Malfoy-has-fallen-on-hard-times guy, with maps, and something I can't discern (could be currency, could be soulstones?), from underneath his cloak. The third isn't one I'm a fan of. An old Doc Brown type, with essentially an arsenal under his coat, that he's holding open one side of, exposing two pistols, a shotgun, a belt of ammo, what looks like a pair of knives, and a small pouch. Under the other arm of his cloak, is at least another shotgun and pistol, and a large belt of ammunition around his chest. The reason I don't like it, is because the way he's holding up the cloak would do havoc on his shoulder. Also, carrying all this gear under his cloak would be a nightmare. Finally, he's got at least six guns, but the model has no ranged attack. I dunno, everything about it puts me off side. But as per the start of this review, I won't be getting them anyway.

• Thanks 1