Kimberly

Painting Competition - Rotten Harvest 2019

On 9/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, Zanna said:

I'm super excited for Rotten Harvest! For the sake of clarification. Dioramas with multiple models are not allowed? 

Correct, dioramas are not allowed for this year's Rotten Harvest

12 hours ago, oistene said:

Carver isn't undead, spirit or a ghost - is he allowed?

Carver is a woe/nightmare made real and is unable to be permanently killed. In the spirit of All Hallow's Eve, feel free to use The Carver. After all, rumor around Malifaux City is his presence is attracted by jack-o'-lanters!

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ZedStrong said:

Does the Nothing Beast count as a spirit?

If so I have something super cool planned!

Nothing beast is incorporeal, I think that's pretty much a defining feature of a spirit.

Unless we're specifically told otherwise, I'm hoping Wyrd will be in the Spirit of the season and allow us and the voters to decide if our model meets the undead, spirit, ghost rules.  There are many malifaux models and crews that in game are all happily alive and well, but perhaps when All hallow's eve arrives, they are turned into a crumbling zombie of their past self, or find they have become incorporeal instead.  

I could be very well wrong here, but I hope not. It adds to the creativity.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZedStrong said:

Does the Nothing Beast count as a spirit?

If so I have something super cool planned!

As a general rule, if it's got Incorporeal it counts. There are some outliers, so if you aren't certain please message me. A good rule of thumb, if it's going to be creepy/spooky, give it a go! 

3 hours ago, GlowingFruit said:

It will be the first time I participate to a painting event and I would like to know how do we submit our entry once it will be done.

You will upload your submission here: https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/126-rotten-harvest-2019/# . Once it's submitted there will be some backend stuff that I'll be doing to prepare them for voting. If anyone has trouble, please let me know! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A clarification since I have received some messages about it:

Scenic bases/plinths are allowed. The lack of a diorama category means that we aren't accepting giant, multi-model displays. Making an involved base will not disqualify you. If you aren't sure if your idea ventures into diorama territory, message me and I'll answer your questions!

• Like 3

A friendly reminder-

Please only submit 1 photo. You can put multiple photos in a collage of you want, but if multiple photos are submitted you will be asked to choose one and delete the rest.