Asylum Keyword: Is it useful?

Hagisman

Grimwell is a good flanker. That's a mobile model, with a good threat range. He is not especially though and should not be used to charge in a center brawl. I take him when I need to move in opponent's zone with a good mobile model. He gets much more efficient if you have ways to put staggered on opponents with other models like field reporters, lone marshall, etc...

I have only tried the nurse once against a melee heavy crew, she was efficient as scheme runner without shining. I will have to use her again, but I do not think that she is good enough to be used out of demo.

I do not have good reasons to use orderlys. They stay in their box and do not see the light.

I recently had a shiningly positive experience with Grimwell, thanks to the advice of @Myyrä. Grimwell has great mobility, pretty solid stats. A lot of people like to hand out staggered so he can get super effective, which definitely helps him get his triggers. But I've found that Grimwell is excellent for priming targets for someone else to kill. His melee attack either forces the opponent to discard a card or gain Injured +2. This is a HUGE deal, because injured is absolutely great against high stat opponents (I play against a lot of 10 thunders so that's perfect for me.) Additionally, even if he does discard the card, if you get that maim trigger, that's another card gone from opponents hand. I took him in a Killy scheme pool against Asami with Lady J as leader and it was incredible how much that injured and/or card drain helped. That's my thoughts on Grimwell.

Orderly is a cheap model that can heal, mostly something I'd add if I had a few spare ss to fill. 

Heartsbane seems to be Grimwell lite. Not quite as mobile, not quite as powerful, can't use as, works well with staggered. Unfortunately still very Meh.

I wouldn't ever take Grimwell as the leader for the sake of bringing Nurses... They have a really odd card this edition and I'm struggling to see how they could help Guild much. Beyond serving for Grimwells special attack, I don't see a point. For heals I'd rather just bring an orderly ya know?

Anyways. That's my take.

• Like 1

Alan / Lone Marshal / Quellers all have startle to give out staggered, and traps give it as part of their bite.  Investigators have it as a built in trigger on their Garrot.  Field reporters also give it out with their flash photography action.  So I could see Grimwell fitting into a Lucius / Basse crew easily, with Lady J / Nellie / Sonnia being more limited (in keyword) options.