New app is out!

Maniacal_cackle

The app is out!

Seems pretty neat so far! I especially like that it asks us to send data back to Wyrd so they can collect match data for better understanding of game balance issues. I think it is off by default, but I turned it on as this seems pretty good for game development and future gaining grounds.

One issue I've encountered is trying to set up a Network Game. This is meant to be able to be sent over the internet, right (as opposed to the other option, local?) If so, how do you do that? I set up a network game, and then it was pending, and there was a button for "match code." If I pressed one of the three match code buttons, it swapped to a new set of symbols. If I clicked the new set of symbols, it swapped back. I suspect it was supposed to set up a unique code, but instead was just stuck on swapping back and forth? Anyone know about this/experienced this?

You (the creator of the network game) generate the Match code. 

They (your opponent) would then click Join, then choose Network, and would then enter in the Match code you generated. 

Touching the code isn't changing the code, exactly. It's kind of showing you what's going on behind the curtain. If saying the icons is too awkward/clunky, you could just say the letters instead to your opponent. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You (the creator of the network game) generate the Match code. 

They (your opponent) would then click Join, then choose Network, and would then enter in the Match code you generated. 

Touching the code isn't changing the code, exactly. It's kind of showing you what's going on behind the curtain. If saying the icons is too awkward/clunky, you could just say the letters instead to your opponent. 

Fab, thanks so much!

And sorry about the thread, didn't see there is a whole forum for this xD