Bugs, requests & other feedback

AndreyF

2 hours ago, LeperColony said:

On Android, my Big Brain Brin card is showing the back side first, then you swipe to see the front side.  It's exhibiting the opposite behavior in that regard to all other cards.

Also, and this is so minor that I feel silly even bringing it up, but on the Home screen there's a section called Rules, but when you're actually in the app that same section is called "Reference."  Any chance you'd consider a unified terminology on it?

The Rules/Reference thing is fixed in 1.1.0 when that comes out. I'll look at the BBB cards.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 4:40 AM, katadder said:

Latest update seems to have removed upgrades from all my crews.

I can add them back in again (hopefully they stay) but thought would bring it up.

Edit: also duplicated all my crews for some reason

Sorry about that, working on the crew duplication thing. And I had no idea about the upgrade bug. Anyone who updates their app at this point shouldn't lose the upgrades, but no way to get them back if they're already lost :(.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, Boomstick said:

Having an issue where a friend is sending me a link to a new game setup but the link just opens the app and fails to load a pool. We're both Android users and freshly updated. Any other word about this going around?

Fixing this today, hopefully update will be pushed tonight or tomorrow.

The links that have already been created likely still won't work, but any future links created should.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dannydb said:

Quite often in last few days big grey boxes cover crews once game has started with no way of getting rid of them

Yeah I've been working with some folks on this. Should be fixed when 1.1.2 goes out, which should be soon.

I had a game playing Reva last week with a bug.

Killing off both corpse candles, then resummoning one broke the game (everything below the corpse candle was just a grey background, even after restarting the app and phone).

Didn't manage to take more notes than that as I was midgame. Hope that is enough info!

EDIT: I have a vague memory of it carrying over focus for a moment (from before its death). So the bug may be related to the clearing of conditions on a resummoned model.

20 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I had a game playing Reva last week with a bug.

Killing off both corpse candles, then resummoning one broke the game (everything below the corpse candle was just a grey background, even after restarting the app and phone).

Didn't manage to take more notes than that as I was midgame. Hope that is enough info!

EDIT: I have a vague memory of it carrying over focus for a moment (from before its death). So the bug may be related to the clearing of conditions on a resummoned model.

Just tried to recreate and didn't see this error, so this may have been resolved in 1.1.2. Please try again after the most recent update.

Is there any way cost could become a searchable value?  I tried to put in cost 6 in the search field, and nothing came up.  It'd be nice if it could show all models  with that cost.

Not so much for practical crew building or game play, but more theoryfaux and comparison research.

4 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Is there any way cost could become a searchable value?  I tried to put in cost 6 in the search field, and nothing came up.  It'd be nice if it could show all models  with that cost.

Not so much for practical crew building or game play, but more theoryfaux and comparison research.

You can sort the cards by cost and then scroll down to the 6 values.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dzlier said:

You can sort the cards by cost and then scroll down to the 6 values.

Yeah, I understand that.  I just thought it would be nice to be able to search by cost.  It'll allow you to do things like "cost 6 + ignores armor" or something.  

Though while we're talking about the sorting, we used to be able to minimize the "owned/painted/etc" selection bar, but it doesn't seem like we can anymore (unless I missed it).  I'd like to be able to minimize it again.

56 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

Yeah, I understand that.  I just thought it would be nice to be able to search by cost.  It'll allow you to do things like "cost 6 + ignores armor" or something.  

Though while we're talking about the sorting, we used to be able to minimize the "owned/painted/etc" selection bar, but it doesn't seem like we can anymore (unless I missed it).  I'd like to be able to minimize it again.

Well you could search for "ignores armor" and then do the sort by cost.

The issue is that implementing that would mean implementing a whole new search UX with filters for all the different stats. Because you know if I add search by cost, people will want every other stat as well. 

I'm confused, I can minimize it in both the card search and hire tab. Do you not have the drop-down arrow?

Screenshot_20200323-114520.png

kind of an issue with the web version (and I use the term "issue" strongly, it works fine it's just weird).

In the app I can sort by cost/etc. but not in the web version.   Is that a deliberate difference?  It's a handy feature in the app and I miss it dearly when I'm stuck on the web tool.

36 minutes ago, dzlier said:

I'm confused, I can minimize it in both the card search and hire tab. Do you not have the drop-down arrow?

I have a drop-down arrow that will minimize the search bar, ? help icon and the own/painted/fav and sort rows all in one.  But I seem to recall previous to the update for GG1, the search bar and owned/painted/etc minimized separately.  Perhaps I'm mis-remembering though.

4 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

I have a drop-down arrow that will minimize the search bar, ? help icon and the own/painted/fav and sort rows all in one.  But I seem to recall previous to the update for GG1, the search bar and owned/painted/etc minimized separately.  Perhaps I'm mis-remembering though.

Oh I see you're right, I did redo that search form a little bit. Sorry if you preferred it the other way - just trying to keep the UI clean and honor the principle behind "minimizing" as much as possible when the user minimizes the form.

• Thanks 1

When i copy my list from one device to another  via QR code, any upgrades are not copied over  and the soul stone spent is returned.

Also, me and my buddy have had a few cases of the app removing damage and conditions when scrolling, but only a few times. Happens on android and apple tablets and phones

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Strangedane said:

When i copy my list from one device to another  via QR code, any upgrades are not copied over  and the soul stone spent is returned.

Also, me and my buddy have had a few cases of the app removing damage and conditions when scrolling, but only a few times. Happens on android and apple tablets and phones

I'll look into the QR code issue.

The latter is probably a case of updates overwriting each other, assuming it was a network game? It can happen if you update a model's damage, then open the condition screen to add a condition, but the damage update goes through before a condition is selected. Not sure about any issue with scrolling, but let me know if you can reproduce it reliably.

All my crews have duplicated. It's been presented in the last two versions.

It could be that I made them before making an account and logging in. I've also used it both in the android app and the web app.

I could go through and delete all the duplicates, but not sure if it matters which to delete, or if it's just a gui issue (i.e. it's just showing two copies, but actually there is only one, so deleting will remove both).

2 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

All my crews have duplicated. It's been presented in the last two versions.

It could be that I made them before making an account and logging in. I've also used it both in the android app and the web app.

I could go through and delete all the duplicates, but not sure if it matters which to delete, or if it's just a gui issue (i.e. it's just showing two copies, but actually there is only one, so deleting will remove both).

It's not a UI issue, you can delete duplicates.

I put in one small fix that I hope will reduce how often this happens, not sure if it'll fix it completely yet. What version are you on?