Bugs, requests & other feedback

AndreyF

18 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

1.0.9. I checked the App Store and there are no more recent updates.

As another potential issue, I have the app across 3 devices, and crews I’ve deleted previously keep repopulating all devices. Is there a way to keep deleted crews from constantly repopulating?

I'm working on this, but for now I would try completely closing the app on all but 1 device, deleting all the crews on that device, wait a few minutes to make sure it syncs, and then re-open the app on the other devices.

Hallo,

we keep on having problems with network games.

The following things happened:

- Quite often: Confirm button when announcing crews and selecting schemes just doesn't react. Unselecting crew/schemes again often solves it

- Sometimes: Can confirm crew, see other player's crew, but once I get back into the game, my crew is unselected and I could now tech against the opponent's crew, because he didn't see mine as confirmed yet and has no idea I saw his crew, while I am free to select another one.

- Once: game started after I selected my crew, but opponent didn't yet, so game was running with just my crew listed at the bottom bar.

- Always: Can add VP in turn 1

Greetings from the crazy owl 🙂

One thought I just had about data collection: it doesn't let you distinguish between casual/silly games and competitive games, which may mean that Wyrd struggles to differentiate between casual and competitive games.

This may mean that Wyrd has to make balance/errata decisions based on bulk data, rather than more refined tournament data. I can't think of a solution that isn't a terrible UI experience, but something I thought I'd mention.

I often don't finish marking off data in a game, since from a certain turn we might just talk out the rest of the game, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One thought I just had about data collection: it doesn't let you distinguish between casual/silly games and competitive games, which may mean that Wyrd struggles to differentiate between casual and competitive games.

This may mean that Wyrd has to make balance/errata decisions based on bulk data, rather than more refined tournament data. I can't think of a solution that isn't a terrible UI experience, but something I thought I'd mention.

I often don't finish marking off data in a game, since from a certain turn we might just talk out the rest of the game, etc.

Wyrd isn't going to be making any decision based on data alone. They are watching tournament results, community discussions, and playing games themselves. These are all factors, data is just another one for them to consider.

If you're concerned your data is sending the wrong impression though, I would encourage you to make the completed game state in your phone match what you expect the final result to be. Not hard to do that point-wise, even if you don't mark down all the model deaths and stuff.

I'm not convinced there's much statistical significance in the difference of silly vs competitive games.

But I think what the data is most helpful for, should they chose to use it, is seeing how often models are hired and how long they generally last (for games that mark model deaths). That and seeing how often points/strategies are selected/scored, which should even out among all the games since they should be equally prevalent in social/competitive matches.

• Thanks 1

Had a weird bug last night where the attacker/defender icons didn't show correctly across our connection. We each showed as the attacker and the opponent the defender on each device (one android tablet and one apple phone). It should have shown only one of us as the attacker and the other as the defender.

4 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

Had a weird bug last night where the attacker/defender icons didn't show correctly across our connection. We each showed as the attacker and the opponent the defender on each device (one android tablet and one apple phone). It should have shown only one of us as the attacker and the other as the defender.

Have you observed this before?

Android version 10; Security Patch Level Oct 6th
-When clicking on  Dismounted McCabe in reference section, it shows Mounted McCabe card instead
-When creating a game after you select the pool you want and hit create game > Local/Network, the created game has a different scheme pool then what you selected

3 hours ago, Khyodee said:

Android version 10; Security Patch Level Oct 6th
-When clicking on  Dismounted McCabe in reference section, it shows Mounted McCabe card instead
-When creating a game after you select the pool you want and hit create game > Local/Network, the created game has a different scheme pool then what you selected

I'm not able to reproduce any of that. There is an update from 11/9 though on Android, probably around the same time for iOS. Could you check for updates?

Android version of the app, might be apple also.  When running a network game, letting a condition tick down to zero clears it after a few seconds.  (Seems to be when you pan over to look at the other crew, but not sure)

When you run a local game, those zero condition values stick around.  It's very convenient for them to stay since for some conditions (poison, burning, etc) I'm often adding and removing stacks of it pretty regularly.

The crew builder (android 1.0.10) hiring screen now groups models by keyword, versatile, out-of-keyword instead of by station... is there a way to change it back or choose what to group by (Or at the very least sort by station?)

Also there is now an icon that looks like one big vertical rectangle with two lines next to it to the filter text area. What does that do? Tapping it seems to just hide everything.

2 minutes ago, Kolath said:

The crew builder (android 1.0.10) hiring screen now groups models by keyword, versatile, out-of-keyword instead of by station... is there a way to change it back or choose what to group by (Or at the very least sort by station?)

Please post this in the beta testing forum, this shouldn't be public available yet as I'm just testing it out with the beta testers.

That said, not being able to sort by station is just an oversight, I'll add it in.

I theoryfaux too much, but sometimes I want to keep the list around until I can give it a try.  For Tournaments I build possible lists for  each round. 

What I'd like to be able to do is reorder my builds so the ones I'm playing are easily found, by just  dragging it up to the top or on bottom of the lists. Possible?

And thanks. I love the app and spend way too much time on it.

32 minutes ago, Forgotten said:

I theoryfaux too much, but sometimes I want to keep the list around until I can give it a try.  For Tournaments I build possible lists for  each round. 

What I'd like to be able to do is reorder my builds so the ones I'm playing are easily found, by just  dragging it up to the top or on bottom of the lists. Possible?

On iOS hold down the crew and you can move it. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, Erik1978 said:

When I construct a crew it now shows keyword, versatile, out of keyword instead of Master, Henchman, Enforcer, Minion.

Did the app change or did I do something?

This is a feature I'm testing out with Beta testers. If it proves unpopular it won't last, but it's been requested so I'm seeing how it does.

Those groups should be dynamic based on how you're sorting, but that is bugged until the update that I'm publishing right now.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Forgotten said:

You can indeed hold down crews to reorder them.

In beta right now is also a feature to Archive crews to a third "Archived" tab in the Crews page.

17 hours ago, LeperColony said:

It would be nice if the app knew about upgrade limits during game play.  For instance, when playing Marcus, the app will allow me to give an unlimited number of an upgrade out, when they're restricted Plentiful (2).  

I can take a look. It respects summoned model limits so it should be doable. My hesitation in adding restrictions is just taking away agency from players in what they want to do. 

15 hours ago, dzlier said:

I can take a look. It respects summoned model limits so it should be doable. My hesitation in adding restrictions is just taking away agency from players in what they want to do. 

You will have to also check to see if a certain master is the leader.  Some masters change the plentiful number for upgrades.