No Archie to get anywhere... What to take instead?

Harlekin

Easy ... just use Arrrchie, he's almost as good as the original, some would argue better!

On a more serious note, i think it depends on what you want from archie. No other model does all the same thing - sure. But if wou want a fast, robust model i would go with Manos. If you want your min 3 beater who can take a punch it's the grave golem. Rider is also fast, killy and is no push over.

• Haha 1

It is matchup dependent.

Archie is good against Kaeris for his survivability. Good on plant explosives for maneuverability. Etc.

Dead rider is a good substitute in many cases, but crooligans can't teleport to him.

If using him as a beacon for crooligans, Rogue necromancy is really the main substitution option. However, P&N is also a good beacon, so P&N + dead rider for instance might work.

What models do you currently own? Perhaps we could identify what your crew is missing that Archie fixes, and then suggest models based on the gaps.

But in a vacuum, I suspect Dead Rider or Rogue Necromancy will be 'close enough' for casual play. You'd feel it in a a serious tournament or against condition crews like McMourning, but should be fine most of the time.

I really do hope you're able to get Archie soon. He is one of my favorites. In a game yesterday he killed 3 models in a single turn! What a wonderful ball of destruction! As others have said through, I would look to Dead Rider until you can get him. After turn two he can get 3 min 3 attacks per turn as well.  

• Like 1

About my pool of Resurrectionists: 

- everything Dr. M 

- everything Reva (with the exception of the strange wheel of fire) 

- everything Molly

- versatiles are: Effigy, Emissary, Gravediggers, Mortimer, Bone Piles, Asura, Zombies

I don't own Grave Golem (same problem as with Archie) and Rider is already part of my shopping cart. 

Thing is that I am looking forward to visit a tournament, soon - being totally new to the game I want to use any opportunity to do as many games as possible - and looking for some tips for 'competitive' play. (Of course, it will be me who experiences competition not my opponents) 

For McMourning, if you have dead rider, you have such good mobility options you don't really need Archie I suspect.

Don't worry about grave golem, it is a very niche model. I love it, but half of that is because I sculpted my own.

Not sure about Reva.

For Molly, if you have Rogue Necromancy already and are getting Dead Rider... That should be good enough. I imagine some would recommend Manos, but you can't buy him ATM either.

If you have night terrors + crooligans, you are a bit more flexible with your Molly list than I am, so I think you'll be fine.

More important is just playing tons of games and learning your models.

8 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

More important is just playing tons of games and learning your models.

Exactly this is my main plan. 

Sadly, the community in Munich (or Germany in general) isn't this big/active. But I will definitely try to change that. 

Worked really good with Infinity so I am looking forward to see some success for Malifaux, too. 

• Like 2