Waldo's Weekly - Modern World

Kyle

22 minutes ago, Beta said:

Doesn't chage a thing.

As stated in the testing forum when it was brought up there, this is intentional due to size constraints. If we included cards in the app of similar quality to the ones that we offer on our website, the app itself would be over 4GB for anyone who wants to look at all of the cards (which, based on initial data from the first 24 hours, is the majority of users).

Sometimes compromises have to be made. In this instance, we saw requests to lower the size of the app because of hardware limitations (and software limitations, such as speed). Personally, if the question is whether to create something high end that can only be enjoyed on limited hardware vs. something more standard but can be enjoyed on just about every piece of hardware, I'm going to choose the latter every single time.

Card quality was reduced and download features and options were included so that everyone could enjoy the app. When considering that more cards will be added to the app in the future, therefore increasing the app's size over time, making the cards readable but not that of our printed quality was the decision that was made to accommodate the majority of our playerbase.

Luckily, we provide the cards on our website and via the app for free, so there are options for those who want access to the cards at various qualities without having to purchase them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

As stated in the testing forum when it was brought up there, this is intentional due to size constraints. If we included cards in the app of similar quality to the ones that we offer on our website, the app itself would be over 4GB for anyone who wants to look at all of the cards (which, based on initial data from the first 24 hours, is the majority of users).

Sometimes compromises have to be made. In this instance, we saw requests to lower the size of the app because of hardware limitations (and software limitations, such as speed). Personally, if the question is whether to create something high end that can only be enjoyed on limited hardware vs. something more standard but can be enjoyed on just about every piece of hardware, I'm going to choose the latter every single time.

If I could move the app to an SD card instead of internal storage then the app could have a huge share of 64gb!

For some reason it's an option that's not well supported - I know Google were trying not to use it, but I haven't seen any good reasons as to why...