Reliquary upgrades

NeilH

Just about to start off with Yan Lo and I have a few questions about the reliquary upgrades. 

If Chiaki uses spirit flute let's say turn 1 and 2 to put Manos reliquary on izamu and vice versa, how do the interactions work moving forward in the game? If either dies and they aren't within 6 of Yan Lo or the soul porter I'm assuming the reliquary upgrades are lost, but does either model produce a second copy of their own reliquary that could be attached to another model? Again I'm assuming not but there doesn't seem to be a limitation outside of them saying they can't be attached  to the named model?

Once either has died, the second dying would still attach its own reliquary upgrade to another model as there wouldn't currently be one in play. 

If any of that makes sense. 

Thanks 

22 minutes ago, NeilH said:

Again I'm assuming not but there doesn't seem to be a limitation outside of them saying they can't be attached  to the named model?

Upgrades are, by default, unique. Unless an Upgrade has the “Plentiful” Limitation, a Crew can only possess a single copy of that Upgrade.

^Direct quote from rules pdf page 6.

Reliquaries aren't Plentiful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

as Nikodemus as said! Relquaries are unique and when Izamu dies fro example, if his upgrade is already on the board, you don't give a second one to another model!

Also since you are a new Yan Lo player, remember that Chiaki can't split her own soul since she is not in range of the ability since it's a pulse! The only way to have her reliquary out is if she dies!

• Like 1