New to the Ten Thunders

farmoar

Hello fellow Thunder-ers(?)!

After a 2.5 year hiatus, I am back to Malifaux. Previously, I was a Neverborn/Outcasts player who sold away his models to help fund a wedding. Now I find myself in a new faction, trying to piece together the models needed.

I was able to find the Alt Box for Graves and Tannen, and after my wife said she loved the models. I was then able to grab the crew boxes for Jakob Lynch, Misaki Katanaka and Youko Hamasaki (as well as a box of Beckoners). I have been reading through some of the more recent posts about good models to purchase in the future, and have a short list in mind.

• Shadow Effigy/Emissary
  • Gwyneth Maddox
  • Kitty Dumont
  • Depleted
  • Minako Rei (and Katashiro)
  • Katanaka Sniper
  • Thunder Archer
  • Charm Warder
  • Kabuki Warrior
  • Bunraku
  • Sun Quiang
  • Tanuki
  • Fuhatsu
  • Samurai
  • The Lone Swordsman
  • Hinamatsu
  • Wokou Raider

The one major thing I have noticed, is that there are very few suggestions/recommendations to ever play more than 1 of any of our Minions. It puts me in a tricky situation, where I want to get 1 of them, but not end up with a bunch of extra models that sit and collect dust (a concern of my wife, after seeing the amount of models that got left home on gamedays).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find single models? Does anyone have them for sale/trade (if this is the wrong section, please let me know)?

Any suggestions to my buy list? Am I missing/overlooking someone vital? Is there someone on the list that doesn't deserve to be there?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I'll try to get also Low river monks at least, these are also good supports. But also Kunoichis, Wanyudo (Minako may also summon it), the terracota, the dawn serpent and Yamaziko.

On the other hand I'd recommend you to keep the 2/3 models, they are cool and it's good having them to be able to build any crew you want. But if the money/storage/wife were a problem, then I'd try to keep at least 2 of them. Playing 3 of something isn't that common, but 2 might be.

Or you can tell your wife you are selling them and store them secretly in the garage! According to my romantic comedy knowledge, that will lead to her finding them, a small lover's quarrel and you getting kicked out of the house; then a desesperate move to prove your love and win her back (like giving away your entire collection, send me a PM; i'll gladly help you!), and then you two living happily together again (happy ending).

• Haha 3

On 9/19/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ogid said:

Or you can tell your wife you are selling them and store them secretly in the garage! According to my romantic comedy knowledge, that will lead to her finding them, a small lover's quarrel and you getting kicked out of the house; then a desesperate move to prove your love and win her back (like giving away your entire collection, send me a PM; i'll gladly help you!), and then you two living happily together again (happy ending).

Hahaha, come asking for Malifaux advice and get marriage counseling from Tom Hanks 😂

You could always leave 2 on the sprue and sell them on eBay/Facebook or store them for said lover's quarrel... They'd be harder for her to find.... Good line; "I was saving those ones for when the kids are older"

Exactly the upgrade; the other player has to mess with Minako very carefully, attack her with a weakling and she got an easy way to summon a Wanyudo. Attack her with something big and enjoy those severes 5 with irreductible damage to your premium model (and after the first attack, she reflects damage; so you better make your first hit counts). That gal is nuts, alpha her or leave her alone.

• Agree 1