New Fatemaster, Got Some Questions

Setherel

Hello everyone! I ran my first session this last week after picking up the book last month and I have some questions regarding things I still don't quite understand.

1) If you decrease an action's AP to 0, how many times can you do that action?

2) For Pursuit abilities like the Criminal's Shiv making one, does that take any AP to activate?

3) When a Witchling Hunter uses dispel magic on an active spell, is there a flip involved? (does the player get to "defend" their magic?)

4) Does putting up a Counterspelling barrier via the Counterspelling skill take an Action and does it last indefinitely or does it end after it's helped you defend from a spell?

5) The general talents that require a specific # for a skill as a prerequisite (such as Toughness 2 or more) does that mean the rating of the skill or the total AV of the skill including your Aspect?

6) For the Derived Aspect of Wounds, is it 4 minimum or can you have less if you have a negative resilience?

Hi, I am going to be starting a TTB campaign also and will be a running a test premade one shot on this saturday. I was just about to open a topic with my questions although mine are more lore related :) Anyway, I'd very much appreciate it if you'd share your experiences with your first session. Maybe something in particular that you think could help me!

Yeah! As for flavor stuff, we found it easier for me as Fatemaster to read everything and internalize and then I gave a broad overview to the players and then more based on how they made their characters. Makes it neat cause everyone gets to explore and discovery new things about the setting for a little while.

2 hours ago, Setherel said:

1) If you decrease an action's AP to 0, how many times can you do that action?

2) For Pursuit abilities like the Criminal's Shiv making one, does that take any AP to activate?

3) When a Witchling Hunter uses dispel magic on an active spell, is there a flip involved? (does the player get to "defend" their magic?)

4) Does putting up a Counterspelling barrier via the Counterspelling skill take an Action and does it last indefinitely or does it end after it's helped you defend from a spell?

5) The general talents that require a specific # for a skill as a prerequisite (such as Toughness 2 or more) does that mean the rating of the skill or the total AV of the skill including your Aspect?

6) For the Derived Aspect of Wounds, is it 4 minimum or can you have less if you have a negative resilience?

1./ A single (0)Ap ability can be used once per turn in dramatic time, if you have more than one (0)Ap ability, you will have to choose which one to use each turn.

2./ As worded, it just happens and that's how I've ruled it in my games. If that sounds like an issue, I'd say it sounds like a (0)Ap action if you're unsure.

3./ The flip would be the Fated's Willpower (WP) stat, if they fail against the Stalker's 11Av it would end ALL magical effects and conditions (including the bad ones).

4./ Yes. Pg182: "Protecting a character with Magical Shielding is a (1) Action." It ends when either the caster ends it with a (0) Action or when the target leaves Line of Sight.

5./ For Talents, it's the amount of ranks you have in the skill, not the total AV you get from Skill Rank + Aspect.

6./ Wounds are 4 + Ranks in Toughness. You only gain more Wounds if you have a Positive Resilience aspect.