Who first to buy: McCabe or Basse

Jafar

I want first thought you get after question: Who first to buy: McCabe or Basse in Explorer's Society

Of course different people will give different things, like "Cool factor", power level, Keyword size etc.. But I want to hear every of them.

In my case it would be Basse because it looks simple to play (not so many tricks and positioning). But what for others?

@Jafar Go with Basse! He is a beast and with Reichart puts some serious pressure on the opposing crew. His keyword is pretty fleshed out as well so you have a fair few options on how you build your crew. Basse isnt the most powerful of masters though with some of his tech being a little situational but he is a lot of fun. Just dont fall into the trap of deploying really far forward with home on the range though!

• Like 1

There are a ton of Frontier models currently within Guild, there will probably be a handful of new models from The Society release but nothing that will probably change how they run.

There's only a handful of Wastral models in Ten Thunders, so there may be a huge change on how they run once the rest of the keyword drops new stuff from The Society.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Instead getting next master for Faction I have, I want to take risk and try Explorer's Society . Probably there will be at least one new master for me and I really like this vibe, but knowing WYRD, instead some standard adventure guys from Egypt, we will get some bats**t crazy stuff. But also knowing how WYRD sticks to schedule, we will get them in late 2020 :(

I would not be surprised if we don't see any more explorers society models until next Gencon (2020). But that's purely based on previous Wyrd models which would have predicted M3 being launched this Gencon, which is wasn't.  I think M3 can easily have 12 months of releases even though a chunk of it is just re-packaging.

• mattc changed the title to Who first to buy: McCabe or Basse
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Starrius said:

Masters buy models based on their keyword, m3e does kind of emphase the factions on duel faction masters

I may have read too much into it, but way LeperColony worded it, it made it sound like Reichart could be hired into any Explorers crew. Which isn't the case.