Insidious Madness and why I hate it

Kharnage

So, Disembodied Voices to my understanding worked only while it was buried, giving them a thing to do in space if they couldn't get WP dueled onto the board. It provided a potent consolation prize. Now I learn that Disembodied Voices can be taken even if you've been summoned onto the table, and is actually basically Seduction from Nurses or Performers, but with no opposed duel. I'm admittedly salty because I had a charged up Focus +3 Melissa KORE and a summoned model got to walk up and flip a 5 in my face to hand me distracted,  but the fact that a summoned model can walk up into my face and hand me distracted while taking away my Focus with zero opportunity for counterplay (I can't even Take the Hit because it's not an attack) seems pretty BS. I realize that it's not a WP duel so it doesn't heal people or summon in dudes is a "plus", but that's a pretty weak plus. In a faction where you already have the "counterplay is for losers" Stitched Together, this is officially the last straw of me being able to tolerate Dreamer, at all. 

Am I overreacting? How do other people feel about the undodgeable tacticals Dreamer has access to, while also having one of the best summon mechanics in the game?

Just dont build up focus. I can understand the hate against stitched but not insidious madness as they dont do a huge amount for their cost.

Also why is it the best summon in the game? Everything you summon will be engaged so wont be off doing schemes and strats. I think asami has the best summon in the game.

• Like 1

I think it is a powerful ability and sounds like it hurt you at that moment in time.

But we are at the beginning of M3e and we all have those moments when utter disbelief happens at the power of some models, the dust will settle.

As a Dreamer player I would say, he is a good master but certainly not the top tier, lots of things have to fall into place for a Dreamer player.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, katadder said:

Just dont build up focus. I can understand the hate against stitched but not insidious madness as they dont do a huge amount for their cost.

Also why is it the best summon in the game? Everything you summon will be engaged so wont be off doing schemes and strats. I think asami has the best summon in the game.

Add the summoned but buried aspect and a clever player can thwart you trying to get the model actually onto the table, our master has used AP and it sits there. And it is an expensive summons to start with, that IM cost a 11 of masks. A single summon per turn.

Although I don't agree they don't do a lot for their cost, the melee WP duel, incorp and 6 move is very nice. Tanky mobile model.