Considering starting TOS

marke83

I'd like to start the game with Cult and Abyssinia (two factions, so I can demo). 

Are the two faction boxes enough? I'd like something extra. If I, for example, buy Adeodatos + Rhino, then what should I buy for abyssinia? Unathi + ??

What if I want another unit instead of Rhino? Doomseekers look cool. 

Suggest a nice starting package for 2 factions. 

2 hours ago, marke83 said:

I'd like to start the game with Cult and Abyssinia (two factions, so I can demo). 

Are the two faction boxes enough? I'd like something extra. If I, for example, buy Adeodatos + Rhino, then what should I buy for abyssinia? Unathi + ??

What if I want another unit instead of Rhino? Doomseekers look cool. 

Suggest a nice starting package for 2 factions. 

The faction boxes are enough for a 1 Commander game each (sort of the 35ss equivalent).  The Cult technically will be playing 1ss short so you can either give them a Raving Madman Adjunct to fill the point or just call it close enough to not overcomplicate the demo.  Since the Cult is a point short and you just want to add one thing in I'd say the Rail Gunner'd be good.

If you're wanting another unit that plays well with Adeodatos then Doomseekers are good, but then the points are skewing even more in Abyssinia's favor.  In that case I'd probably do something like a unit each of Doomseekers and Broken which makes the costs even if Abyssinia's getting a Rail Gunner

1 hour ago, retnab said:

The faction boxes are enough for a 1 Commander game each (sort of the 35ss equivalent).  The Cult technically will be playing 1ss short so you can either give them a Raving Madman Adjunct to fill the point or just call it close enough to not overcomplicate the demo.  Since the Cult is a point short and you just want to add one thing in I'd say the Rail Gunner'd be good.

If you're wanting another unit that plays well with Adeodatos then Doomseekers are good, but then the points are skewing even more in Abyssinia's favor.  In that case I'd probably do something like a unit each of Doomseekers and Broken which makes the costs even if Abyssinia's getting a Rail Gunner

Thanks for your reply! So what if I would like to get equal to 50ss game size right out of the bat? Is that 2 commanders then?