Pushes over obstacles

poulpox

Question

Hi all!

So I'm a little confused about Pushes in m3e: the rule mentions a Pushed model will stop when in contact with another model or impassable terrain. This would suggest that if the terrain is not Impassable (like a fence that is climbable), the Push would not end?

However, listening to a podcast with the game designer, they specifically mentioned they wanted to stop players from charging over fences. 

So. I'm a little confused. Am I reading things wrong? 

Thanks for your insight!

4 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Clement said:

Impassible and climbable are different, but related, concepts.  Impassible means you can't go through it, while climbable means you can go over it.

So you can't charge *through* the fence because it's impassible.  You could walk *over* it by using it's climbable trait though.

Thanks Clement, that makes sense. Also I just saw that p14 highlights in bold that only the Walk action can be used to move vertically. Sorted!

Thanks!

• Like 1

As with all terrain questions, it depends on how you defined it at the beginning. If you call your fences ht 1 impassable and climbable you can't charge. If you just called them severe then you can charge. You can't climb during a push. If you have a ht 1 fence that is climbable but not impassable you could just walk straight through it without having to climb. 

EDIT

That'll teach me to answer without checking the rules. Thanks Scoffer

7 hours ago, Adran said:

If you have a ht 1 fence that is climbable but not impassable you could just walk straight through it without having to climb. 

The very definition of Climbable terrain in the Rulebook (p37) doesn't allow to walk through it:

Models may not move through Climbable Terrain but they may move across its top¸often a roof and may move vertically up and down along its sides

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1