Single models to buy - any news?

Jafar

If i recall correctly, starting from this month, there should be option to order single models from boxes, so older players can get new models mixed with old ones (for example only Olaf for Gremlins, without Banjonistas). Were there any news about this, or we all still waiting for update?

I want to plan what to buy for few next months, and it would be great to have this kind of information.

We haven't yet had an update on this other than "it should happen in September."

I would guess its going to get mentioned in a wednesday update.

I also assume they want to have had a chance to recover from the gencon rush before they put another potentially complicated shipping thing out there.

• Like 1

Just now, Adran said:

We haven't yet had an update on this other than "it should happen in September."

Thanks for update. I only wanted to know if there were any news. I don't have time to browse whole forum / website etc.
Even if they start this next month I am OK (and my wallet is even more happy)

44 minutes ago, Jafar said:

Thanks for update. I only wanted to know if there were any news. I don't have time to browse whole forum / website etc.
Even if they start this next month I am OK (and my wallet is even more happy)

No need to browse whole site. Just watch the blog every Wednesday around 6 PM AST/5 PM EST/9 PM GMT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:43 PM, Wyrd Office said:

We'll make the announcement in the usual channels (wyrd-games.net/news), so keep an eye out! I know we're all pretty excited to get our hands on that one special guy/gal/creature ^_^ 

Or ten.

Need Elijah and the Firebranded, Melissa (maybe, I'm not sold on the art), 46 and Alan, Dispatcher, and Blood Hunter.

Also, anything else that I might need to get if they're not separated. Order Initiates if they're only in the Marcus box, etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jafar said:

Copy from other topic, I think that this is the news we were looking for: https://www.wyrd-games.net/special-orders

Thanks. But that information makes me a bit worried. I previously got the impression that you would be able to get any model that has now been repackaged with other models, but that does not seem to be the case. (Or perhaps I misunderstood the previous information.) If I am reading this correctly you can not order individual old models that are no longer separately. For example, I own the Death marshal recruiters and the Jury, but no Domadores de cadaveres. They will only be sold together in the future, but since they are not new models I can not order just the Domadores but would have to buy the whole box to get them. (Ordering from Wyrds webstore is not an option since I live in Europe.)

And I am also a bit confused about what is considered to be new models. I own the old Lucius box and now need Agent 46. It will be part of the Lucius core box when released, together with new sculpts for Lucius, scribe and lawyers. Will it be possible to special order just Agent 46? He is the only new model in the box in the sense that he did not have stats in M2E, but all models in the box are new models in the sense that their sculpts are new... However, the info says that you are not allowed to make special orders for resculpts, so that gives me some hope.

I think you might have misunderstood. I have always read it that it was only going to let you buy new models that had been re-packaged with old models, because if you wanted the old models, you can still be them in their old packaging.

So I would get an order for the Domadores in with your local shop soon if you don't want to have to re-purchase the recruiters and Jury.

I think you're right on Agent 46 alone going to be available from this. After all the Marcus box is new sculpts ( I think), but only the Order Initiates are in the Special order section.   

2 hours ago, Adran said:

So I would get an order for the Domadores in with your local shop soon if you don't want to have to re-purchase the recruiters and Jury.

The only problem with this are some items appear to be out of stock pretty much everywhere.

I couldn't find Rougarou and had to buy them on the second hand market for a significant amount. 

I was able to find Lelu and Lilitu, and Wandering River Monks on an overseas website, and it cost almost as much in shipping as it did the boxes themselves.

Part of the problem is not knowing which models are going to be in this category and which aren't.  I held off buying Cyclops because I wasn't sure if they were going to be repackaged with other models or not.

There's undoubtedly going to be a good portion of players who are going to get screwed by this. I understand Wyrd's reasoning, but it doesn't change the fact that people with Bultungin have to choose to either rebuy them, forgo getting Rougarou, or try and find proxies that may or may not be acceptable at official tournaments.

Speaking as someone who had to purchase a plastic Marcus box and a plastic Lilith box and a plastic Lucius box for a single model each time (2 of which I could have either picked up as a single later or a special edition) (I decided I could make a steam trunk, the Kaeris box at least gave me 2 models,  I've lived without Philip and The nanny) this method seems better to me.

I do also assume that Wyrd are going to keep the M2 boxes "in stock" for a while, so you will be able to order them as you could a "special order". If wyrd never get a rogarou box back in stock, then yes that's not so good. But the way they have phrased the announcements make me think that that is not the intent, and for a period of time after the M3 box is released, the M2 box would still be available. (Once they make more Rogarou sprues they will be available to buy again I expect. )

Mind you I already have Rogarou, so I'm going to have to decide soon if Bultingin are worth picking up. It also means I am going to spend a bit of time this year having to think a little more carefully about what order I buy things to avoid duplicate purchases. 

43 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

The only problem with this are some items appear to be out of stock pretty much everywhere.

I couldn't find Rougarou and had to buy them on the second hand market for a significant amount. 

I was able to find Lelu and Lilitu, and Wandering River Monks on an overseas website, and it cost almost as much in shipping as it did the boxes themselves.

Part of the problem is not knowing which models are going to be in this category and which aren't.  I held off buying Cyclops because I wasn't sure if they were going to be repackaged with other models or not.

There's undoubtedly going to be a good portion of players who are going to get screwed by this. I understand Wyrd's reasoning, but it doesn't change the fact that people with Bultungin have to choose to either rebuy them, forgo getting Rougarou, or try and find proxies that may or may not be acceptable at official tournaments.

Not all models are in the single buy yet. Were Rougarou and Bultungin both in m2e ? If so they will never be part of this program. If one of them is new to m3e then you can get them separately for a year after release. 

6 minutes ago, Adran said:

I do also assume that Wyrd are going to keep the M2 boxes "in stock" for a while, so you will be able to order them as you could a "special order".

https://www.wyrd-games.net/special-orders

"For those looking to purchase M2E products, our online Webstore will continue to carry those products for one year (ending in August 2020) or while supplies last. M2E models purchased through the Wyrd Webstore do not contain 3rd edtion Stat Cards."

1 hour ago, Toqtamish said:

Not all models are in the single buy yet. Were Rougarou and Bultungin both in m2e ? If so they will never be part of this program. If one of them is new to m3e then you can get them separately for a year after release. 

Both were. But I was unable to get Rougarou for a good 8 months, and they're still listed as out of stock on the Wyrd shop. Lelu and Lilitu aren't even showing in the shop.

"For those looking to purchase M2E products, our online Webstore will continue to carry those products for one year (ending in August 2020) or while supplies last. M2E models purchased through the Wyrd Webstore do not contain 3rd edtion Stat Cards."

And that's part of the uncertainty. "while supplies last". So, you have items that may or may not still be in stock, coupled with having no idea if they'll be batched together in the future. I get that Wyrd have to make some decisions for going forward, but I can also see it causing both a withholding (ie, I didn't buy the Cyclops until I *KNEW* they weren't going to be bundled), and then a rush on items (ie, @Adran knowing that the Rougarou/Bultingin will be batched means Adran has to make a decision on if or how quickly they buy Butlingin, because if Wyrd sells out, Adran is going to have to buy the full box or not have Bultingin).

That there's decisions players will have to make, either blind, or on very short notice, and failure to do so will result in fully warranted butthurt, isn't good.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I do also assume that Wyrd are going to keep the M2 boxes "in stock" for a while, so you will be able to order them as you could a "special order". If wyrd never get a rogarou box back in stock, then yes that's not so good. But the way they have phrased the announcements make me think that that is not the intent, and for a period of time after the M3 box is released, the M2 box would still be available. (Once they make more Rogarou sprues they will be available to buy again I expect. )

I really hope that the intention of Wyrd is to not only sell M2E models through their own webstore, but also deliver them to other retailers/distributors. But I'm not so sure about that. Some online retailers seem to have removed M2E models not in stock from the store entirely and remaining M2E models are selling fast.

If I lived in North America, this would not be a problem, as I could just order the models in question from Wyrd, but that is simply not an option in other parts of the world because of the shipping and possible custom fees. Oh, well. Nothing to do but hope for the best I guess.