Golem replacement

Fictor

Question

Hi dudes! 

For long time ago I doen't play Mali, so I'm returning on M3E, in the rulebook says "The new model’s Health is set to the original model’s Health or to its maximum Health whichever is lower If the effect that Replaced the model Heals the new model the new model Heals at this point"

So when I have 1 Fire Gamin, and summon 2 more with Sandeep, and with the last Fire Gamin with slow, replace for a Fire Golem, it will be created with slow, 1Ap and ONLY 4 wd? 

thx in advance.

4 answers to this question

Short answer: you combine health of all the Gamin together.

This bit is found alongside rest of the replace rules, page 32 in the pdf:

If multiple models would be Replaced with one model, the new model is placed into base contact with any of the original models. Add the Health of the original models together for step 2. For step 3, the new model gains the highest value of every Condition on the original models (as well as every Condition without a value). In step 5, every original model is removed from the game. In step 7, if one of the original models was Replaced during its Activation, the new model continues that model’s Activation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Fictor said:

So when I have 1 Fire Gamin, and summon 2 more with Sandeep, and with the last Fire Gamin with slow, replace for a Fire Golem, it will be created with slow, 1Ap and ONLY 4 wd? 

About the slow: You can remove the negative effect (with the arcane effigy for example) or use the Arcane Conduit aura from an Oxfordian mage to create a golem without slow.

And just in case: If you use 2 or 3 summoned gamins to create the golem, you'll only attach 1 summon upgrade to the golem.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ogid said:

About the slow: You can remove the negative effect (with the arcane effigy for example) or use the Arcane Conduit aura from an Oxfordian mage to create a golem without slow.

And just in case: If you use 2 or 3 summoned gamins to create the golem, you'll only attach 1 summon upgrade to the golem.

Arcane effigy can't fix it.  When they combine, the upgrade is attached to the golem, which reapplies slow during the golem activation.

The Oxford mage *should* be able to, but it depends on how you parse his weird ability timing.  It was an open question in beta and the wording wasn't fixed.

Link to relevant thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clement said:

Arcane effigy can't fix it.  When they combine, the upgrade is attached to the golem, which reapplies slow during the golem activation.

Good one. I assumed the attach effects would only apply to the gamin, and won't be applied again to the golem... but in the replace rules (pg32) it says "attach" so I guess you are right and the golem would get the slow for attaching it. Another way would be giving fast to the gamin... but it would be very inefficient, the player would need to remove the slow and then give fast... and I don't recall any way to give fast to non-constructs in arcanist :/

47 minutes ago, Clement said:

The Oxford mage *should* be able to, but it depends on how you parse his weird ability timing.  It was an open question in beta and the wording wasn't fixed.

Link to relevant thread.

Ty for the link. I'd say with the Oxfordian mage you can: Both effects trigger at the start of the activation and you can choose the order, so first combine and gain the slow, then the oxfordian remove the slow and deal 1 damage to both of them. As it says in the point 4 of replace (pg 32), the golem is affected by any effect which targeted or choosed the original model (which should include the aura).

• Like 1