Jump to content
  • 0
DimLit

Disengage action.. how?

Question

How do you resolve this action? I am confused when the rules say. “After resolving the attack (if any) this model pushes up to its MV. If the attack was successful, instead of its normal effects reduce this models push by 2/4/6..”

Is damage a normal effect? Do you declare to disengage, then this forces an attack, if the attack is successful instead of damage and secondary effects you push with a distance reduced 2/4/6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
19 minutes ago, DimLit said:

Then you take 0 damge? or do you still take the base damage?

You would take no damage, the disengage action tells us that the reduction in the push distance is instead of its normal effects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, DimLit said:

Then you take 0 damge? or do you still take the base damage?

What’s “base damage”?  That’s not a game term or rules mechanic.

The “normal effects” of an action are it’s effect text (the part after the italics, if any).  When resolve a disengaging strike, you don’t resolve the effect text.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, DimLit said:

Then you take 0 damge? or do you still take the base damage?

To be clear: The model doesn't take damage, at all. The only effect is reducing the push distance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/9/2019 at 4:25 PM, Adran said:

You would take no damage, the disengage action tells us that the reduction in the push distance is instead of its normal effects

Hold a moment...

Are you telling me that, after the disengage duel, you still have to FLIP for damage, and using the "weak-medium-severe" system to reduce distance (ignoring the damage and other effects, of course) ?
If this is the case, I've been playing this SO WRONG for months.  

Edited by JellyRoll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, JellyRoll said:

Hold a moment...

Are you telling me that, after the disengage duel, you still have to FLIP for damage, and using the "weak-medium-severe" system to reduce distance (ignoring the damage and other effects, of course) ?
If this is the case, I've been playing this SO WRONG for months.  

Yes, just as it says. If you declare the disengage action, your oppoonent can choose 1 model to try and stop you. That model attacks you. If it hits it flips to see if it has weak, moderate or severe effect, and reduces your push by that much. Then regardless of suces or failure on the attack duel you may push out of combat (as long as you still can).

So you can't fully tie up a model anymore, it almost certainly will move even if you "hit" it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Adran said:

Yes, just as it says. If you declare the disengage action, your oppoonent can choose 1 model to try and stop you. That model attacks you. If it hits it flips to see if it has weak, moderate or severe effect, and reduces your push by that much. Then regardless of suces or failure on the attack duel you may push out of combat (as long as you still can).

So you can't fully tie up a model anymore, it almost certainly will move even if you "hit" it.

Thank you for the clear explanation :) 
I always supposed that wasn't a FLIP for damage. Until today, I always calculate the reduced distance using the difference between the opposite duels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...