I have a load of cardboard gift boxes! How can I make them fit in with malifaux's theming?

EccentricOwl

I'm not 100% sure of the theming, maybe Malifaux city?

They're all unfortunately very boxy and squarish, so I don't have a good idea of how to really make them stand out. They're all very... brutalist, and they'd probably do better as Infinity terrain. (Which I also make a lot of.)

Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I have more than 36 of these guys... the store was going out of business. 

318OpRB5DYL.jpg

• Like 1

Georgian terraces are basically just rectangles with windows and doors on. Usually about 3 stories with a basement though so probably need some sort of playable interior. They also tend to enclose a courtyard that could have any kind of stuff in it.

Victorians liked that neoclassical style for large buildings. Thats basically just a big massive box with a triangle on top with and columns out the front. Could have a decent playable interior there with box lid as a removable roof.

For smaller things you could make market stalls, stables and sheds/outbuildings. Figure out a way of decorating things with something that looks like iron railings and you should be make anything look Malifauxish hide a lot of the boxiness. 

8 hours ago, Adran said:

Victorian city buildings. You probably would need to make the larger ones enterable and have terrain inside. The smaller ones could be closed off buildings. 

Hmmm, don't those usually have tall or slanted roofs? 

6 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Georgian terraces are basically just rectangles with windows and doors on. Usually about 3 stories with a basement though so probably need some sort of playable interior. They also tend to enclose a courtyard that could have any kind of stuff in it.

Victorians liked that neoclassical style for large buildings. Thats basically just a big massive box with a triangle on top with and columns out the front. Could have a decent playable interior there with box lid as a removable roof.

For smaller things you could make market stalls, stables and sheds/outbuildings. Figure out a way of decorating things with something that looks like iron railings and you should be make anything look Malifauxish hide a lot of the boxiness. 

That's a really cool idea about the Georgian-style terraces. I assume you mean something like this? Georgian-Home-Bedford-Square-1-2000x1040 That's not too hard, and I think that's a really good idea once I find a good supplier of scale model windows and doors.

The neoclassical style is also very appealing for one of the larger buildings.