Jump to content
Jocepi

Wyrd production schedule.

Recommended Posts

Will Wyrd be increasing it production rate? I am a new player, introduced to Malifaux by a soon to be henchmen (his app is in). But I find it frustrating that a new edtion has just launched and everything is backordered at the distributor level. My FLGS is being super supportive despite the fact that they are getting nothing out of it since everything is sold out, and players are trying to build the meta in the area but I fear it will be a flash in the pan without product support. You guys have a great game don't miss out on profits by starving the market. Not to mention FLGS promotions are missed because we can't even get the requisite amount of stock to qualify.  I have spent enough online to qualify for the Spit Hog promotion but not sure if it counts and I  am not supporting the FLGS that is supporting our gaming.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jocepi said:

Will Wyrd be increasing it production rate? I am a new player, introduced to Malifaux by a soon to be henchmen (his app is in). But I find it frustrating that a new edtion has just launched and everything is backordered at the distributor level. My FLGS is being super supportive despite the fact that they are getting nothing out of it since everything is sold out, and players are trying to build the meta in the area but I fear it will be a flash in the pan without product support. You guys have a great game don't miss out on profits by starving the market. Not to mention FLGS promotions are missed because we can't even get the requisite amount of stock to qualify.  I have spent enough online to qualify for the Spit Hog promotion but not sure if it counts and I  am not supporting the FLGS that is supporting our gaming.

Pretty certain Wyrd is doing all they can to speed up production. The issue was caused by a massive overperformance of M3e, and Wyrd have everything to gain from increasing production rates and sell more product. The issue is probably that there is quite a bit of lead time on injection moulded plastic, but I'm sure they're turning every stone...

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tmod said:

Pretty certain Wyrd is doing all they can to speed up production. The issue was caused by a massive overperformance of M3e, and Wyrd have everything to gain from increasing production rates and sell more product. The issue is probably that there is quite a bit of lead time on injection moulded plastic, but I'm sure they're turning every stone...

This and part of their supply chain has been..... less than honest and forthcoming with them recently.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

This and part of their supply chain has been..... less than honest and forthcoming with them recently.

Depending on who you ask that gets considered part of the problem. Wyrd, if they have been totally honest, has been the victim of a string of bad luck. From rumours that the edition was forced out a year early due to it leaking in a year meant to push The Other Side hard to allll the shipping issues so many of us are waiting on your June preorders for launch product still in september to stuff like Games Workshops new Warcry being a massive player vaccuum as people are feeling burnt and seeing an easier option. Its been a mess. 

But some people are taking that another way and going "okay Wyrd, every delay you blame a different party in this but the only recurring constant is you, its starting to look like the boy who cried wolf and you dropped the ball and keep blaming others" so really they can't win either way. 

 

Honestly i'm in for the long haul but i'm expecting we dont see a return to normalcy till 2020.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dope_danny said:

Depending on who you ask that gets considered part of the problem. Wyrd, if they have been totally honest, has been the victim of a string of bad luck. From rumours that the edition was forced out a year early due to it leaking in a year meant to push The Other Side hard to allll the shipping issues so many of us are waiting on your June preorders for launch product still in september to stuff like Games Workshops new Warcry being a massive player vaccuum as people are feeling burnt and seeing an easier option. Its been a mess. 

But some people are taking that another way and going "okay Wyrd, every delay you blame a different party in this but the only recurring constant is you, its starting to look like the boy who cried wolf and you dropped the ball and keep blaming others" so really they can't win either way. 

 

Honestly i'm in for the long haul but i'm expecting we dont see a return to normalcy till 2020.

I'm in as well love the concept and fluff, just want to start supporting my local store instead of wherever I can scrounge stuff and hope the player base doesn't move on while waiting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_death_jester said:

It's already happened in my area. Everyone jumped to Guildball.

Warcry and Wild West Exodus in my area. The 2nd players just shelved their stuff till its sorted out and the people trying it for the first time got burnt and now have an opinion that Wyrd is a name you can't trust and games you don't touch and got refunds or just moved on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dope_danny said:

Warcry and Wild West Exodus in my area. The 2nd players just shelved their stuff till its sorted out and the people trying it for the first time got burnt and now have an opinion that Wyrd is a name you can't trust and games you don't touch and got refunds or just moved on.

Yeah it's a case of if I can't buy it I won't play it here. I have 10 different crews covering 4 factions but people simply aren't interested in playing with loaners while waiting for their own stuff which could be 6 months away from a release. 

 

Which is a shame as I think Malifaux is the best skirmish scale game out there. I've even had to repurpose what was supposed to be a Malifaux tournament to a GB one due to non-attendance due to supply issues. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The_death_jester said:

It's already happened in my area. Everyone jumped to Guildball.

And tons of GB players are doing the opposite. SFG is sadly suffering it's own supply chain issues for a while now. I play both but I have so many GB teams I am gonna trade some for Malifaux stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've seen better attendance in our area in the last couple of Malifaux tournaments than we have in years. There are new players coming into M3e in pretty good numbers. I don't watch or play any other games, so I don't know what they're switching from, but they're showing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Trample said:

We've seen better attendance in our area in the last couple of Malifaux tournaments than we have in years. There are new players coming into M3e in pretty good numbers. I don't watch or play any other games, so I don't know what they're switching from, but they're showing up. 

Well that's definitely encouraging. 

 

1 hour ago, Toqtamish said:

And tons of GB players are doing the opposite. SFG is sadly suffering it's own supply chain issues for a while now. I play both but I have so many GB teams I am gonna trade some for Malifaux stuff. 

Yeah I've been lucky I have 4 full guilds so the supply issues haven't  hurt me. Similarly I have an extensive Malifaux collection so outside of not being able to get the books I'm not prevented from playing.

I think I'll leave it til after Xmas to see if there is more stability in supply then before I try organising any Malifaux tourneys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still a community of players in the Puget Sound area as well. I and a few of the other locals are STILL waiting on the pre-order stuff from June....which is frustrating to no end. But having said that, at least up here people are returning to the game. And this is strongly Warmahordes Country, so I suppose that says something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically WM is having company issues, SFG is having issues, GW has indeed had shipping delay issues (tariffs or brexit?), so Wyrd is far from alone.

I think we just hyper focus on it bc they did such a great job on the new edition that we are impatiently chomping at the bit. :)

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gaston said:

Realistically WM is having company issues, SFG is having issues, GW has indeed had shipping delay issues (tariffs or brexit?), so Wyrd is far from alone.

I think we just hyper focus on it bc they did such a great job on the new edition that we are impatiently chomping at the bit. :)

I dunno man. I buy from a lot of other mini companies as well and right now Wyrd is the only one where A - only 3 of the 16 items i preordered before june have shown up by september B - 3 core boxes i have bought have had missing pieces/miscasts in. C - every month something is delayed and D - No FLGS has gotten more than a dozen items to stock since 3rd launched.

Part of the reason everyone i know is jumping to Warcry, Bushido, Monsterpocalypse, Frostgrave and more is because they are not having these issues. And in cases like Bushido its actually a very small team way smaller than Wyrds.

I love Malifaux and have a lot of product for all 3 games in the setting but the troubles Wyrd has had are not the norm for the , not remotely. 3rd edition launched in June. Its a quarter of the year later and it feels like i'm still waiting for release to happen and we just had some stuff come out early. Its a bad situation that they dont deserve but how many months till the "thisisfinedog.png" attitude loses traction?

  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one has brought up that the chinese trade war if not directly effecting manufacturting is likely holding things up in shipping. I remember hearing they had some shipments held up in customs a long while back and that is before all this blew up. If I remember correctly looking at my Basse crew sprews is that they are moving shipping outside of China. That could have all sorts of increased costs and delays that I wouldn't wish on any company.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are doing all they can. My local store has dwindled all its M2E supply and I am hoping they don't lose that shelf space due to lack of M3E items.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

No one has brought up that the chinese trade war if not directly effecting manufacturting is likely holding things up in shipping. I remember hearing they had some shipments held up in customs a long while back and that is before all this blew up. If I remember correctly looking at my Basse crew sprews is that they are moving shipping outside of China. That could have all sorts of increased costs and delays that I wouldn't wish on any company.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are doing all they can. My local store has dwindled all its M2E supply and I am hoping they don't lose that shelf space due to lack of M3E items.

 

That's possible but doesn't Fantasy Flight make all of their stuff in China too? A well as more than 80% of games on the market lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, blueskies_overhead said:

That's possible but doesn't Fantasy Flight make all of their stuff in China too? A well as more than 80% of games on the market lol. 

yes and theres been plenty of delays for many companies because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those companies also have the capital and cash flow to have stock made well in advance. I have a feeling Wyrd doesn't have the cash flow to do that and I am sure the M3E leak made it even worse. I am sure they are doing fine but for a company that doesn't like to nickle and dime nor screw over their customers I would like to see them doing even better so these bottle necks in releases could be solved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing a bunch of 3E and find the new rules fantastic.

But. 

To be frank, the 3E release is a disaster. How can a company launch a new edition of it's flagship product, without any product being available? Our local scene — New York City and the surrounding area — is now completely dead. We've gone from 100+ players down to about a half dozen at best. And it's impossible to bring in new players, because they literally could not buy the game even if they wanted to. People have moved on, and will continue to do so until Wyrd gets it's house in order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a new player, (3rd game was yesterday, started last week) The biggest trouble is finding the cards, I know there is a 3rd party who can make, them, and I can print them at home, but I would have loved to just been able to pick up the guild card set and then buy whatever boxes I have, as opposed to scrounging from the exceptionally limited 3e boxes that my local has. It mostly just makes it difficult, especially as there doesn't seem to be any indication as when the store will get a restock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gimli_219 said:

As a new player, (3rd game was yesterday, started last week) The biggest trouble is finding the cards, I know there is a 3rd party who can make, them, and I can print them at home, but I would have loved to just been able to pick up the guild card set and then buy whatever boxes I have, as opposed to scrounging from the exceptionally limited 3e boxes that my local has. It mostly just makes it difficult, especially as there doesn't seem to be any indication as when the store will get a restock.

http://www.meeplemart.com/malifaux-3e-guild-faction-pack.aspx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the delays are annoying, but I cannot understand all the storys, that people quit playing Malifaux because of the delays.

I play a game because I like the rules, the miniatures, the community, the setting and the storys.

If you quit a game just because you can't buy some products right now and you have to wait, I don't know how seriously you wanted to play that game. Because a tabletop always means a lot of time invest - learning the rules, the meta, building and maybe painting the miniatures and so on. I don't change a game like my underwear.

In my area, there are some new players who are really interested in Malifaux; I had some demo games with them and now, they just started with the stuff that is available or just wait until the products are at our LGS.

And the established players, who played Malifaux for a longer time, are also not struggling, because they own some Crews from M2E, just bought the Faction Packs and enjoy the new edition.

Don't get me wrong, I am also not happy; because of the delays, I will not be able to play Lucius / Agent 46 at the German Championship, but I just want to relativize the problem...

 

And after all, Wyrd's concern is to sell as many products as possible and therefore, they will try to do what they can to get the products to the markets. That's for sure.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 10:58 PM, Qracy said:

Of course the delays are annoying, but I cannot understand all the storys, that people quit playing Malifaux because of the delays.

 

Thing is, it happens every day. It does not happen when you already caught the fire and have at least some of the stuff you want. But if you are starting to build up some interest for a game and then try to pick your first few boxes and no matter where you are looking you just can't get your new toys, well, then it's absolutely understandable that you go for another game where you know that you will get everything you wish with ease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information