2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - September

Caedrus

thanks @Viruk I did those investigators last and really like em (kinda wish i could go back and do the others the same way / style).  The dopple conversion is funny cause it looks so much like her, idk if people will even know it was a ToS base model.  I like the killjoy's base, the tree stump with the blue eyes is pretty sweet.

• Thanks 1

Hello all,  I am coming in at the last minute again.  More terrain this month, with a cart on a 50 mm base.  Once the Green Stuff dries a bit more I will prime it, add some features to the base, and get some base colors on the base and cart.  Finishing touches tomorrow night.  Hopefully can still make it before midnight tomorrow.  37 hours to go!

large.2019Sept_cart_terrain_pledge.jpg.8326258c57d129884900f84d3271e714.jpg

• Like 6

Jaysus, nearly forgot me bleeding entry.

Here in glorious tricolour fashion is Mr. Som'er teeth Jones. Ended up quite the rush-job I have my first IRL painting contest this weekend but I tried out a lot of new stuff (some of it vaguely successfully) and think I got a lot from the process.

1g170Mel.jpg

iLTJ8C3l.jpg

hZALQurl.jpg

So @Caedrus that's 15ss for me I believe.

Too much awesome in this thread to comment on as I haven't been keeping up and people really seem to be pulling ay the stops as the year rolls on. Do want to give quick shout out to @Boomstick for that Chompy (and crew). You seized a great painting opportunity from a model that inspired nothing in me previously. From now on I will always look at that pose and think "The arms are splayed out specifically to capture an internal glow", but that's all you! Really creative painting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Sol_Sorrowsong that Primordial Magic sculpt is so wicked and your colors make his body look almost fluid. Love it.

@Rathnard May I ask what color you used for the bald gentleman's skin? Is that Doombull Brown?

@khilin You have the right idea with base/wash/highlights. You might try thinning your paint more; some highlights are a bit splotchy.

Great stuff this month. @Caedrus I finished 43 soulstones. Thanks, see you in October thread!

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Stranglelove said:

@Rathnard May I ask what color you used for the bald gentleman's skin? Is that Doombull Brown?

Hd2SW1i.jpg

^^ Here's the basic recipe i used for the skin. A basecoat of Heavy Sienna over black, a brown ("umber") wash and then highlights of Dark Flesh (an old GW colour) and Dark Flesh mixed with white. 

I'm not sure what the modern GW equivalents are, but hopefully the pic above should help!

• Thanks 1