Frenzy post errata

MajorUndead

So, the Frenzy got :

• No longer able to use the healing magic on the ancient relics of malifaux more than once (but I guess it was to be expected, it was weird to have the frenzy be the greatest support/healer ever)
    • Though now the units brought back into game come with a reinforcement token, so this nerf is mitigated a bit
  • Melee attack got +1 strength, and in glory it has a new trigger on Ram to get piercing
    • Strength 4 is quite nice, and having 3 triggers on the means you'll be able to get one extra effect pretty often
  • Shark tooth necklace : The ability to get a free suit (on top of the previous existing effect of the asset) if the fireteam has 2 other Frenzy fireteam at 3".
    • This one seems very very nice. You'll be able to reliably get the bonus attack on Nipping at their heels (trigger in glory), be able to have 1 or 2 triggers on the melee attack (get a reinforcement token so you can have enough to discard & do the attack again, get the piercing on tough targets)

The Frenzy is going to be very scary on the table now I think. You'll really want to kill at least one so they don't get the bonus suit on their actions.

What do you all think?

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, bedjy said:

Isn't the frenzy now able to attack as many times as it succeeds, declaring The feeding trigger and discarding the reinforcement token to attack again ?

Would the rule against additional actions generating their own additional actions get in the way?  Or are we assuming that because the additional action isn't being made *by the action itself* it doesn't count.

29 minutes ago, bedjy said:

Isn't the frenzy now able to attack as many times as it succeeds, declaring The feeding trigger and discarding the reinforcement token to attack again ?

There's still the rule:

ADDITIONAL ACTIONS

Some Actions (or their Triggers) are capable of generating additional Actions.

If a Fireteam is unable to take an additional Action (perhaps because there are no targets within range), the additional Action is ignored.

As a further restriction, additional Actions cannot create additional Actions of their own. If they would do so, any subsequent additional Actions are ignored.

Same situation as before the card errata.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 3:55 AM, MajorUndead said:

You'll really want to kill at least one so they don't get the bonus suit on their actions.

What do you all think?

I think this is a reason to still take Relics of Ancient Malifaux on them.  Since they gain SO MUCH for being at full strength and resummoning 2 can give you 4 attacks for the cost of one action that you would likely want to use anyway. 

1 hour ago, Stadon said:

I think this is a reason to still take Relics of Ancient Malifaux on them.  Since they gain SO MUCH for being at full strength and resummoning 2 can give you 4 attacks for the cost of one action that you would likely want to use anyway. 

I agree that relics is still a good choice for them. Being at full strength is very importantL
Plus, when in glory, when they reinforce, the new fireteam(s) can make a :ToS-Melee: action (which enables them to still act even though you've reinforced during their activation).
Though I'd say that if you are playing a 2 commander game, having relics on the stormsiren & having her reinforce the Frenzy might be better (you get the :ToS-Melee:action from the reinforcement, and then since the reinforcement was not during the Frenzy's activation, the newly arrived fireteam can still act in their activation)

• Agree 2