Jump to content
Kyle

Waldo's Weekly - Happiness is a Warm Gun

Recommended Posts

@Kyle heads up "charge order" should be changed to "rush order", so that it functions....   

   tho end a  move would be better ;) like the unit, feels like the range should come up to 14 or 16 so that it actually causes people to need to charge them sometimes. errata looks great big thumbs up! I hope we get more reveals soon, this game needs the hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merchant said:

@Kyle heads up "charge order" should be changed to "rush order", so that it functions....   

   tho end a  move would be better ;) like the unit, feels like the range should come up to 14 or 16 so that it actually causes people to need to charge them sometimes. errata looks great big thumbs up! I hope we get more reveals soon, this game needs the hype.

Yep, we caught the error on the card an hour ago and updated the forum and web posts (unintentionally used an older draft version - the updated version has been the accepted version for a while now). Thanks for letting me know. :)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone smarter than I am explain the change made to the Hordes? I’ve read the new card and can’t quote grok what’s different. 

Edit: Specifically the Allegiance as a whole, not the individual models. 

Edited by doombladez
Clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, doombladez said:

Could someone smarter than I am explain the change made to the Hordes? I’ve read the new card and can’t quote grok what’s different. 

Edit: Specifically the Allegiance as a whole, not the individual models. 

The addition to Survival of the Fittest basically addressed the interaction of Survival of the Fittest and Pitched Assault.

Previously, if GB killed a fireteam, that was a freebie VP for the other side, both for fillet point #1 and bullet point #4.  Now it's only a freebie point if you kill a Commander fireteam for Survival of the Fittest.

If you finish off a unit using Survival of the Fittest, I believe those would still count against the GH player.

So eat responsibly.  :) 

--

The change to Endless Numbers was basically house keeping.  I think everyone was playing it that way:

- If you had 3 squad units that were killed the previous turn, you can "bring back" (summon new copies of) any of those three units, at the price of one command point each.

Depending on how you read the old language, you might think you could only bring back one of them.

---

I think the Envoy card errata was just that the name wasn't the same somehow.  🤷‍♀️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should Fire Nova be (6 v Sp)?  If that's not a mistake it's a very interesting mechanic as we've not seen a :ToS-Pulse: that generates an opposed duel with every enemy in range before. Interesting way to add deck milling onto the rhino... but could also be a misprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Should Fire Nova be (6 v Sp)?  If that's not a mistake it's a very interesting mechanic as we've not seen a :ToS-Pulse: that generates an opposed duel with every enemy in range before. Interesting way to add deck milling onto the rhino... but could also be a misprint.

Yeah you have.  The Tide Caller upgrade (Horomatangi) has an action that is also 6 v Sp | :ToS-Pulse:6".

Either way, remember that the old version was "6 v 14", and one of the huge complaints about it was that the opposing player just got to sit and watch the rhino pulse damage out without any way of avoiding that damage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solkan said:

The addition to Survival of the Fittest basically addressed the interaction of Survival of the Fittest and Pitched Assault.

Previously, if GB killed a fireteam, that was a freebie VP for the other side, both for fillet point #1 and bullet point #4.  Now it's only a freebie point if you kill a Commander fireteam for Survival of the Fittest.

If you finish off a unit using Survival of the Fittest, I believe those would still count against the GH player.

So eat responsibly.  :) 

--

The change to Endless Numbers was basically house keeping.  I think everyone was playing it that way:

- If you had 3 squad units that were killed the previous turn, you can "bring back" (summon new copies of) any of those three units, at the price of one command point each.

Depending on how you read the old language, you might think you could only bring back one of them.

---

I think the Envoy card errata was just that the name wasn't the same somehow.  🤷‍♀️

Endless number now gives the unit your summoning back a reinforcement token 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solkan said:

The addition to Survival of the Fittest basically addressed the interaction of Survival of the Fittest and Pitched Assault.

Previously, if GB killed a fireteam, that was a freebie VP for the other side, both for fillet point #1 and bullet point #4.  Now it's only a freebie point if you kill a Commander fireteam for Survival of the Fittest.

If you finish off a unit using Survival of the Fittest, I believe those would still count against the GH player.

So eat responsibly.  :) 

--

The change to Endless Numbers was basically house keeping.  I think everyone was playing it that way:

- If you had 3 squad units that were killed the previous turn, you can "bring back" (summon new copies of) any of those three units, at the price of one command point each.

Depending on how you read the old language, you might think you could only bring back one of them.

---

I think the Envoy card errata was just that the name wasn't the same somehow.  🤷‍♀️

Ah, thanks, I never realized that about Pitched Assault, sloppy reading on my part. Glad they fixed that, sounds like that would’ve hurt the Hordes a lot in that mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have missed something, I don't see where to "properly" download the new cards.
I mean, I see the list of modified cards at the end of the Waldo Weekly or the The Other Side page, but when clicking on them here I get the backside opened, so the only way I found to get the front side is doing right click > show image on the cards in the list, but it's a bit small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kyle

I think something got moved around on the website and broken, because at the moment if you go to https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side and click on the link for "Download the TOS Rules and Stat Cards" it just goes to a collection of images instead of the PDF zip files; and for "Errata Cards" clicking on the images just brings up JPGs.

Are those the right files for the errata cards, or are those supposed to go to card PDFs?  The links for Shark Tooth Necklace and Tide Scepter are wrong, at least, because they just bring up images of the Disabled side of the asset rather than the errata'd side of the card.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, solkan said:

@Kyle

I think something got moved around on the website and broken, because at the moment if you go to https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side and click on the link for "Download the TOS Rules and Stat Cards" it just goes to a collection of images instead of the PDF zip files; and for "Errata Cards" clicking on the images just brings up JPGs.

Are those the right files for the errata cards, or are those supposed to go to card PDFs?  The links for Shark Tooth Necklace and Tide Scepter are wrong, at least, because they just bring up images of the Disabled side of the asset rather than the errata'd side of the card.

Yeah this is basically the issues I have trying to get the new cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because I went to double check...

If you go to https://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

and scroll down to The Other Side, on that page "Rules and Stat Cards" links to 

https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side-rules

which goes to https://www.dropbox.com/s/02anzqmzfid3dcb/Wyrd_TOS_English_StatCards.zip?dl=0

Those files haven't been updated :( (the Hordes Allegiance card still has the old text on it (and the directory still has those 4kb export side effect files in it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting us know. We're working on it, and as soon as we take care of the problem, we'll let you know. Shouldn't be long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, solkan said:

Just because I went to double check...

If you go to https://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

and scroll down to The Other Side, on that page "Rules and Stat Cards" links to 

https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side-rules

which goes to https://www.dropbox.com/s/02anzqmzfid3dcb/Wyrd_TOS_English_StatCards.zip?dl=0

Those files haven't been updated :( (the Hordes Allegiance card still has the old text on it (and the directory still has those 4kb export side effect files in it).

 

Maybe it'll be updated in a few days or within a week or two. I'm sure it will be updated eventually though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is great to have the cards in free download. However, I would like to point out a missing element on the cards.

Housekeeping is increasingly difficult as the number of cards and the number of errata increases throughout the life of an edition.
May you please kindly put the reference of the erratum on the errated card of Malifaux & TOS so that we can easily identify them?

Thx a lot in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

It is great to have the cards in free download. However, I would like to point out a missing element on the cards.

Housekeeping is increasingly difficult as the number of cards and the number of errata increases throughout the life of an edition.
May you please kindly put the reference of the erratum on the errated card of Malifaux & TOS so that we can easily identify them?

Thx a lot in advance.

Agreed.   Just some indicator somewhere on the card that it is from whatever errata would be really helpful like you folks did back in M2E.  Especially now that we've moved on to balance changes from last errata's "making rules actually work" changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...