Running Pandora

Regelridderen

I had the pleasure of meeting Collodi today in a game of Reckoning (both players took Outflank and Search the Ruins) :

Pandora w. Eldritch Magic 
Poltergeist 
Candy
Iggy 
Carver 
Hooded Rider 
2 x Sorrow

3 Stones 

I wanted to try out Iggy, Carver and Hooded Rider for the first time. Iggy got decapitated by Hinamatsu before even activating on T1, and I sent Carver to deal with her (or at least hold her up, while the main brawl took place on the other flank), which he did better, than I’d anticipated - they were still getting at it at the end of T3, where we called the game. Although I’d have preferred seeing Carver in a bigger brawl, rather than goe toe-to-tow with Hinamatsu.

I was really pleased with Hooded Rider as well. He is fast, reliable and brings hardhitting attacks to a crew, that otherwise just pings away. I’d usually go for Kade/Teddy, but this time I went for Rider and a Sorrow, and it was nice having more freedom of movement, and they feel better defensively (Df6 and Incorporeal), at least as everything else in the crew is fairly easy to hit.

The rest of the game was a big brawl, where Pandy, Candy, and a Sorrow slowly whittled the puppets away, while the Poltergeist removed the scrap markers.

Pandora really proved her mettle, controlling activations via Mood Swings, as I was handed a lot of pass tokens - one of her greatest moments was to Self Loathe Vasilisa, so Vasilisa was unable to use her own actions. Candy is of course a beast - as long, as you can keep her from activating.

-

It is amazing, how the crew can drain your opponents hand, while being fairly immune to this themselves, as so many effects come from passive abilities.