Collecting the whole faction

mattbird

3 hours ago, Yew Arcane said:

Not really an OCD thing, at least not for me (I am not your therapist, so I can't say if this is it for you). I just want all of them because I love them.

This is me. I'm like four boxes (WR Monks, FR Monks, Cyclops* and a set of plastic Doves) that are currently unpainted, from the M2E range. I've also got Basse and Von Schtook under construction. 

* Cyclops was waiting for Euripides so they could all be done together.

I have a problem.  🙃

• Like 1

I have about 80-90% of every Faction, with a similar % painted. The Pokemon bug bit me hard. ;)

I was particularly close to getting the entire Ten Thunders Faction (just 2-3 units left to buy) but these days I'm concentrating more on completing individual Keywords, not Factions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, it starts out fairly innocuous.

"I'm gonna get all of Guild (only 3 masters at the time and a few 'versatile'), and one Master of each of the other factions. Seamus, Ramos and Lilith."

*sniff*

"But Nurses are pretty good, and it's not THAT much more to get the McMourning box."

*rubs nose*

"Well, Molly's out now, and she fits in with Seamus, but she can do something more with Punk Zombies, and well, with the Undertaker box that'd finish the faction for me."

*sniffs again*

"Well, now I have Nico, what other Undead are out there I can summon?"

*notices you staring at him disapprovingly*

I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT!

• Haha 5
  • Agree 2

I had just Hoffman for a long time, then randomly bought a Ramos box.  Then after having Hoffman for 6 years and not actually playing a game, I finally got to use him, then had to get a few more Constructs to flesh out his crew.  Then lost a couple of games to Pandora so decided to grab the Perdita box to see if that would help (haven't used her yet though!).

Then M3E was announced, eBay bargains were plentiful and now I'm 5 profiles away from 100% Guild (Monster Hunters, Domadores, Death Marshal Recruiters, Greed, and Raptors), have got a Kaeris and Burning Bridges box, and have 5 Ten Thunders Masters and several other models.

I don't have a problem.  Honest!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hermit said:

I actually have a thing for this. Our site is still not officially released yet but the collection tracking works, my collection for example:

http://www.biggerhat.net/profile/hermit/collection

It also shows you statistics on what % of each faction and keyword you own!

This is the first time I've checked out that site.  Very nice!!  Great job!

• Thanks 1

Haha, they know it XDD.

I'm barely starting and I have in my mind the order in which I want to get the keywords XDD

And the dual faction masters are evil. You complete one and say:

"Ey, I also really like this other master of the dual faction; if I pick it, I could also declare that other faction and have some choices! What could go wrong?"

"Well, I have these 2 masters of the other faction... maybe some versatiles to round these creeds won't hurt"

"mmm those other 2 masters aren't bad... the models are cool and some  OOK flexibility would be great"

* Some self-justifications later

"Honey, we should move, I don't know why but I feel a bigger house would be better for us"

(honey) "Oh, finally! You do want kids!!"

"Eeeer.... yep! You got it babe! You got it..." (thinking about getting Pandora crew next)

• Haha 2